Whatcha doin' with a suitcase... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha doin' with a suitcase...

Swish
06-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Tryin' to hit the ground with both feet runnin'
Aren't you trippin' on your shoelace

You're stealin' away on a sunny day
Well aren't you ashamed at all
Funny but I feel like I'm fallin'
I wanna beg you to stay

Why'd you love me in the first place
You were always closer than a brother
I can barely look at your face

I've said my I've said my
I've said my piece
I'm on my
I'm on my
Down on my knees

Whatcha doin' with a suitcase

I first heard about this ceedee titled "Ohio" by Over the Rhine back in November or December from a friend of mine, but I didn't really pay too much attention to it. Next thing I know, Davey mentions it in a post and a young girl who works in our coffee shop brings it in to play and I'm completely hooked. The aforementioned song "Suitcase" may be my fovorite on the double disc release, but there are so many good songs that I can't say for sure. I'd never hear of this band before, and while there are many musicians listed among the credits, it's the outstanding vocals of Karin Bergquist that make it so lush. With all the accolades tossed to Nora Jones over the last year or so, it's pretty sad that so few have heard this record. It contains better music, better lyrics and better vocals than Nora could muster. If you don't already own it, what are you waiting for? If you do, what are your impressions? I keep playing it and find new things to appreciate each time.

Regards,
Swish

NP: Nothing! I'm sitting in a hotel room in Pittsburgh, but on my way here by automobile I listened to the aforementioned "Ohio" along with the latest from Mojave 3 (can't remember the title), and the blistering "Blow by Blow" from Jeff Beck. Freeway Jam still makes me CRAZY. What a freakin' jam.

tentoze
06-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Tryin' to hit the ground with both feet runnin'
Aren't you trippin' on your shoelace

Well aren't you ashamed at all
Funny but I feel like I'm fallin'
I wanna beg you to stay

Why'd you love me in the first place
You were always closer than a brother
I can barely look at your face

I've said my I've said my
I've said my piece
I'm on my
I'm on my
Down on my knees

I first heard about this ceedee titled "Ohio" by Over the Rhine back in November or December from a friend of mine, but I didn't really pay too much attention to it. Next thing I know, Davey mentions it in a post and a young girl who works in our coffee shop brings it in to play and I'm completely hooked. The aforementioned song "Suitcase" may be my fovorite on the double disc release, but there are so many good songs that I can't say for sure. I'd never hear of this band before, and while there are many musicians listed among the credits, it's the outstanding vocals of Karin Bergquist that make it so lush. With all the accolades tossed to Nora Jones over the last year or so, it's pretty sad that so few have heard this record. It contains better music, better lyrics and better vocals than Nora could muster. If you don't already own it, what are you waiting for? If you do, what are your impressions? I keep playing it and find new things to appreciate each time.

Regards,
Swish

NP: Nothing! I'm sitting in a hotel room in Pittsburgh, but on my way here by automobile I listened to the aforementioned "Ohio" along with the latest from Mojave 3 (can't remember the title), and the blistering "Blow by Blow" from Jeff Beck. Freeway Jam still makes me CRAZY. What a freakin' jam.
Amen on the OTR disk. I still think the only real complaint I have with it is a rather annoying trait of occasionally driving a line into the ground through over-repetition durng a few of the songs. The title cut, Ohio, is an awfully fine forlorn tune. And Bergquist's vocals are very polished.