Royal Philharmonic goes Disco? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Royal Philharmonic goes Disco?

Davey
06-16-2004, 11:28 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001ZDKAQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Anyone heard this or any of their other albums? Some of the tracks are based on classical works performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra such as, Pachelbel's Canon, snippets of Swan Lake, the Nutcracker, Carmen's Habanera, Brahms' Hungarian Dance no. 5, Barber's Adagio for Strings, but mixed and overdubbed with layers of African, electro, Latin and hip-hop beats. Sounds kind of silly and disposable, but might be fun for some. Apparently their last album was banned from appearing on the UK Classical charts because of the beats :)

BTW - I'd never heard of them before - it just popped up on the front page when I stopped by amazon.com and some of the words above are paraphrased from their description

tentoze
06-16-2004, 11:43 AM
BTW - I'd never heard of them before - it just popped up on the front page when I stopped by amazon.com and some of the words above are paraphrased from their description
The heads almost look photoshopped onto the bodies in that pic. If their "music" is as cardboard cut-out as they appear in the pic, I'd stay FAR away.

Dusty Chalk
06-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Oh, Bond have a new album out? I'll have to get it. I have their previous two, and the DVD...they're pretty good, if you're into that whole Vanessa Mae, et al thing. There's this whole pop/classical crossover movement in the UK. If you look at the top of their classical charts (for example, "of all time"), there's a lot of that crap up there. Bond are, by far, not the least excessive of that.

nobody
06-17-2004, 04:42 AM
Shades of <i>Hooked on Classics</i> perhaps?