Sad lineup for local County Fair. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sad lineup for local County Fair.

Finch Platte
06-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Joan Jett on Senior Citizens Day?? And what the hell's a Replacement heifer auction?

* Today: Senior Citizens Day. Those 55 and older admitted free. Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, 8 p.m.

* Thursday: Children 12 and under admitted free. Deana Carter, 8 p.m.

* Friday: Paul Rodgers' Bad Company, 8 p.m.

* Saturday: Dog Show, 2 p.m. Replacement heifer auction, 6 p.m. Aaron Tippin, 7 and 9 p.m.

* Sunday: Ramon Ayala, 8 p.m.

* Monday: Phil Vassar, 8 p.m.

* Tuesday, June 22: NB Ridaz, Angelina, Lil' Rob and David Wade

* Wednesday, June 23: Senior Citizens Day. Those 55 and older admitted free. Sawyer Brown,
8 p.m.

* Thursday, June 24: Children 12 and younger admitted free. Little Anthony and the Imperials,
8 p.m.

* Friday, June 25: Kansas, 8 p.m.

* Saturday, June 26: Eddie Money, 7 and 9 p.m.

* Sunday, June 27: Chelo and Industria Del Amor,
7 and 9 p.m.

Might be interesting to see k-k-k-kanas, wot? Never seen 'em, and there's no way this would leave a bad tasted in my mouth, right?

fp

Jim Clark
06-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Joan Jett on Senior Citizens Day?? And what the hell's a Replacement heifer auction?

* Today: Senior Citizens Day. Those 55 and older admitted free. Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, 8 p.m.

* Thursday: Children 12 and under admitted free. Deana Carter, 8 p.m.

* Friday: Paul Rodgers' Bad Company, 8 p.m.

* Saturday: Dog Show, 2 p.m. Replacement heifer auction, 6 p.m. Aaron Tippin, 7 and 9 p.m.

* Sunday: Ramon Ayala, 8 p.m.

* Monday: Phil Vassar, 8 p.m.

* Tuesday, June 22: NB Ridaz, Angelina, Lil' Rob and David Wade

* Wednesday, June 23: Senior Citizens Day. Those 55 and older admitted free. Sawyer Brown,
8 p.m.

* Thursday, June 24: Children 12 and younger admitted free. Little Anthony and the Imperials,
8 p.m.

* Friday, June 25: Kansas, 8 p.m.

* Saturday, June 26: Eddie Money, 7 and 9 p.m.

* Sunday, June 27: Chelo and Industria Del Amor,
7 and 9 p.m.

Might be interesting to see k-k-k-kanas, wot? Never seen 'em, and there's no way this would leave a bad tasted in my mouth, right?

fp

Might be fun to go see Kansas and tell Dave G how great it was and what a travesty it was that he missed it.

jc

nobody
06-16-2004, 06:56 AM
Actually, for a state fair, not too bad. Those things are notorious for crap acts. Little Anthony and the Imperials would be fun and I'm a huge Joan Jett fan.

ForeverAutumn
06-16-2004, 07:10 AM
Kansas is playing a County Fair? Oh the degredation. :(

Go see Paul Rodgers and Bad Company. We saw them about four or five years ago and they were excellent. We thought that they would suck, but instead were blown away at how great they sounded.

I guess if you broke or lost your favourite heifer, now would be a good time to replace it. :rolleyes:

Stone
06-16-2004, 07:15 AM
I'm a huge Joan Jett fan.

Outside of her work with The Runaways, what of hers is good? I have Bad Reputation and I think it sucks (although I do like the Gary Glitter cover). Based on that, I've stayed away from the rest of her catalog.

nobody
06-16-2004, 07:54 AM
Well, I like Bad Reputation quite a bit, so if you don't like that one, you may not get into the rest, really. It's not like she'sa got a ton of range. Her second one, I Love Rock and Roll is good too, and for some reason I've always been fond on Good Music, although I'd have to dig out an old cassette to listen to that one.

To be honest, her catalog can get spotty, but most of her stuff has at least a couple good songs to me. I've seen her live a few times and she has a big enough catalog and can always pull out some fun covers. Actually she's got a whole album of covers that ain't too bad.

She may have slowed down by now, but in her day she always put on a rockin' show. I just love the simple fun, stupid rock 'n' roll stance she has always adopted...no thinking...no pretention...just turn up the amps and rock. Helps that I have a thing for rock chicks too, so this could just be a personal obsession of mine.

Dave_G
06-16-2004, 08:09 AM
Please do not go see Kansas in this situation, as you know the environment is not one of musical pleasure, it's a debacle.

I never go to see any of my favorite bands in settings like that, because the chaos ensures a bad "concert" experience.

Dave

Dusty Chalk
06-16-2004, 08:49 AM
* Saturday: Dog Show, 2 p.m. Replacement heifer auction, 6 p.m. Aaron Tippin, 7 and 9 p.m. You know, I read "heifer" as "heffer", and my mind was still on cows when I got to "tippin'"...you do the math...

ForeverAutumn
06-16-2004, 09:53 AM
You know, I read "heifer" as "heffer", and my mind was still on cows when I got to "tippin'"...you do the math...

From www.dictionary.com...

Heifer: A young cow, especially one that has not yet given birth to a calf.