Johnny Ramone hospitalized with prostate cancer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Ramone hospitalized with prostate cancer

MindGoneHaywire
06-15-2004, 10:50 AM
I'm beginning to think these guys are cursed. Prostate cancer, I saw it on another site, sounds like it's in the final stages according to what I read in another article. From what I've read Johnny wasn't exactly the nicest of guys, and I'm not entirely thrilled with his staunch partisan nature either, but...in spite of limited ability, he is unquestionably one of the most influential guitar players of all time, and got that way by doing something so simple & basic that he's practically never lauded for it. Showing up at #16 or #17 in that silly Rolling Stone poll is appropriate, but doesn't seem it at all given that there was no context, no reason as to why he'd be there amongst players that could've played rings around him. Ah, but it's doubtful they could've done what he did; his style was one-of-a-kind.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story?id=6185029&pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1&rnd=1087324912865&has-player=true&version=6.0.11.847

I have a quasi-Ramones-related story of my own to tell but I'll hit some of ya w/an email to tell it...

Jim Clark
06-15-2004, 01:45 PM
I hadn't heard of that up until now. What an awful thing for anyone to have to face. Well, you never know what can happen in this strange world, maybe the prognosis will change for the better. Here's hoping at any rate.

Thanks for the link J.

jc