Wow. U2's 'Go Home- Live From Slane Castle, Ireland' DVD. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wow. U2's 'Go Home- Live From Slane Castle, Ireland' DVD.

Finch Platte
12-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Wow. What a powerful concert. I'm only 8 songs into it, and it rawks. Great sound, the band is tight and inspired, and the Edge is spot on. What a great guitarist he's turning out to be ;0)

I'm not a big U2 fan, but I saw them on this tour in San Jose, and this brings back good memories.

Songs are:

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Out Of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Wake Up Dead Man
Stuck In A Moment...
Kite
Angel Of Harlem
Desire
Staring At The Sun
All I Want Is You
Where The Streets...
Pride
Bullet The Blue Sky
With Or Without You
One
Walk On

You may have seen part of this show on telly a while back- I forget what network broadcast it, and if it was this exact show, but...

This DVD includes some sort of 360 degree interactive spincam that I haven't checked out, yet, an Unforgettable Fire documentary, a U2 calendar, screensavers and a bonus track.

A well-spent $15.

fp

Dave_G
12-02-2003, 06:52 AM
You suprise me, I didn't think you were into U2.

Dave

Mr MidFi
12-02-2003, 11:53 AM
I have it too. I like it. I like the Elevation DVD from this same tour better, but they're both very good.

Dusty Chalk
12-02-2003, 04:35 PM
You suprise me, I didn't think you were into U2.Yeah, me neither.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Finch Platte
12-02-2003, 06:42 PM
I have it too. I like it. I like the Elevation DVD from this same tour better, but they're both very good.

Have you been able to look at the DVD on your PC? Both of the ones I have gotten won't play in 2 computers I have access to. I wonder if the local Tower has gotten a bad batch.

fp

Mr MidFi
12-03-2003, 06:30 AM
Have you been able to look at the DVD on your PC? Both of the ones I have gotten won't play in 2 computers I have access to. I wonder if the local Tower has gotten a bad batch.

fp

Honestly, Finch, I haven't tried to play it on my PC. I have two home theater setups in my house, so only my daughter plays movies on the 'puter...and rarely at that. I'll try it and see.

Les
12-03-2003, 06:46 AM

fp

I have a feeling the UK version has some form of protection on it that means it will not play in many DVD-roms. It won't play on my PC either, I didn't check with the shop as here in the UK it seems many more music DVDs are subject to controls that limit their use in DVD-ROM drives. I too have a home-cinema system and don't really use the PC for playback.