Avenue - A, INC [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Avenue - A, INC

mtrycraft
06-14-2004, 09:59 PM
What is that this web site is trying to download on the computers in a unknowingly? My spybot all of a sudden is blocking this foreced download every page I open. Wasn't like this for some time now.

topspeed
06-14-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm not quite certain what you're saying, but if you mean there is a backdoor program trying to autodownload something, I'm not experiencing it on any of my computers. Are you sure it's not something that is already on your drive? Have you done a virus scan or a sweep with a program like ad-aware?

mtrycraft
06-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I'm not quite certain what you're saying, but if you mean there is a backdoor program trying to autodownload something, I'm not experiencing it on any of my computers. Are you sure it's not something that is already on your drive? Have you done a virus scan or a sweep with a program like ad-aware?

It is not trying anything funny today as I am writing.
I have a spybot installed that checks for spy ware and blocks further downloads of new ones. Yesterday the spybot program was displaying a blockage of this at every window I opened practically. Not a pop up as that is handled by another blocker:)

karl k
06-16-2004, 03:48 PM
It is not trying anything funny today as I am writing.
I have a spybot installed that checks for spy ware and blocks further downloads of new ones. Yesterday the spybot program was displaying a blockage of this at every window I opened practically. Not a pop up as that is handled by another blocker:)
Not on all pages, usually the HT and General forums though. My guess is a tracking program that tracks where you go and therefore what you're susceptible to for marketing purposes.

It seems we are "attacked" like this all the time, without our knowing it, in an effort to remove as much money from our posession as possible.

mtrycraft
06-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Not on all pages, usually the HT and General forums though. My guess is a tracking program that tracks where you go and therefore what you're susceptible to for marketing purposes.

It seems we are "attacked" like this all the time, without our knowing it, in an effort to remove as much money from our posession as possible.

Download a spybot detector and blocker:)
I suppose it wasn't on every link but certainly that day it seemed that every page I opened in general and perhaps ht had it. Not in the last several days though. Maybe it is scheduled or random? I canot remember another such attac. But then I didn't have this spybot installed that long :D

karl k
06-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Download a spybot detector and blocker:)
I suppose it wasn't on every link but certainly that day it seemed that every page I opened in general and perhaps ht had it. Not in the last several days though. Maybe it is scheduled or random? I canot remember another such attac. But then I didn't have this spybot installed that long :D
I've had spybot and adware for some time now. They both are pretty fair at preventing unwanted's floating around in your 'puter. I also get the Avenue A if I click on most article links on MSN's homepage. Yes, it appears to be random and varying intensity... I just got through with a "lull" over the last week or so. May search for most popular sites... winning by exposure.