God damn TV! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : God damn TV!

This Guy
06-14-2004, 03:12 PM
My 32" RCA tv I bought almost 2 years ago died just a couple months before the standard waranty was finished. We did everything in trying to revive it and no dice. $550 gone. Now I need a new one $450 and under. It can be a regular 32" flat or regular, or a 27" flat. I'm leaning towards the Toshiba 32A43 at around $380. It's got all the features I want and it's a 32. Another option would be a Sharp 32C540 at $360 another 32" and has everything I need. The two 27" flats I was looking at were the Panasonic CT-27SL14 $332 and Sharp 27F541. I'd probably prefer the larger 32" basically cause it's bigger. What do you guys think? I know Toshiba makes good stuff, and I have heard good things about Sharp too. Any other TV's I should be looking at and if any of the ones I mentioned had any problems with them? I'm not buying from any **** brand like RCA or the likes and will be purchasing a warranty along with it this time. So thanks for any advice and I wish I asked you first, Woodman, before I bought that RCA.

-Joey

Smokey
06-14-2004, 09:17 PM
I'd probably prefer the larger 32" basically cause it's bigger. What do you guys think? I know Toshiba makes good stuff, and I have heard good things about Sharp too.

Yes. definitely go with 32 inch.

Toshiba are excellent TVs. They always top the chart in Consumer report TV face off in term of picture quality.

But I would also consider Panasonic FlatTV 32SL14 for $500. It got couple of feature Toshiba lacks such as Variable Audio Output, and independent pre set picture settings (three of them) for each inputs which can be set by the user-rather than by the factory. I just bought the 20 inch version of that model (20SL13), and picture quality is definitely top notch.

Pansonic like Toshiba carry one year labor/parts warranty :)

Take a look at this link also:

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=1781&highlight=consumerreports

gel
06-15-2004, 04:30 AM
i got this Broksonic TV. the speakers died after playing a music DVD thru it. its about 2yrs old.
i'm going to hook up a yamaha YHT-450
to it.
but might want a new tv also

woodman
06-15-2004, 01:30 PM
My 32" RCA tv I bought almost 2 years ago died just a couple months before the standard waranty was finished. We did everything in trying to revive it and no dice. $550 gone. Now I need a new one $450 and under. It can be a regular 32" flat or regular, or a 27" flat. I'm leaning towards the Toshiba 32A43 at around $380. It's got all the features I want and it's a 32. Another option would be a Sharp 32C540 at $360 another 32" and has everything I need. The two 27" flats I was looking at were the Panasonic CT-27SL14 $332 and Sharp 27F541. I'd probably prefer the larger 32" basically cause it's bigger. What do you guys think? I know Toshiba makes good stuff, and I have heard good things about Sharp too. Any other TV's I should be looking at and if any of the ones I mentioned had any problems with them? I'm not buying from any **** brand like RCA or the likes and will be purchasing a warranty along with it this time. So thanks for any advice and I wish I asked you first, Woodman, before I bought that RCA.

-Joey

I thought that I had told you several years back to stay the hell away from RCA, Zenith, and Magnavox(Philips) ... didn't I?

As to your present quest for a new set, I recommend that you scratch Panasonic from your list - my service experiences with them has not been good. Toshiba or Sharp are the better choices, IMO. As for screen size, bigger is always better ... provided that you can control your viewing distance to some degree.

Now if you disregard my advice again and go out and buy a Panasonic ... well,

This Guy
06-15-2004, 03:21 PM
haha the thing was that I didn't even start posting on these boards before I bought the RCA, so I basically walked in there and picked the TV that looked the best just like any ignorant tv shopper. The Toshiba is my final choice, and thanks for all your television knowledge. I'll let you guys know when I get the knew set in a couple weeks.

-Joey

JStudrawa
06-15-2004, 04:55 PM
"My 32" RCA tv I bought almost 2 years ago died just a couple months before the standard waranty was finished. We did everything in trying to revive it and no dice. $550 gone."

Not sure I understand this. Set dies within warranty period, correct?

This Guy
06-15-2004, 06:49 PM
sorry meant a couple months After the warranty.