Shouldn't we have the obligatory Velvet Revolver thread? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't we have the obligatory Velvet Revolver thread?

Davey
06-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Or did I miss it? Hehehe, seems like other boards are discussing it. Are we not men?

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/devo.gif

Yeah, I'd rather listen to Devo myself :)

I did see the Frontline show about the <s>making</s> marketing of the album on PBS a few weeks ago and have seen the video with Scott Weiland doing his Iggy meets the Lizard King imitation, but can't say I was very impressed with the single. Probably heard it a few times now and would be hard pressed to even comment on it other than to say it must be forgettable. So how many have bought this chart topper? Do you think it comes anywhere close to classic Guns N Roses? If you're a fan of GNR, that is.

Troy
06-14-2004, 08:49 AM
I bet I care MUCH less than you do.

tentoze
06-14-2004, 09:31 AM
I bet I care MUCH less than you do.
Bet I care even that much less than you do.

:rolleyes:

Jim Clark
06-14-2004, 09:33 AM
I have no right at all to judge something I've never heard but I guess I will anyway. Never could stand GNR. Don't want an album, don't want to hear a single on the radio, don't want to see a video on TV, don't want to see a picture in print. Can't possibly imagine that this is an album I'd have the slightest interest in and don't see any future in spending a dime to find out whether I'm right or wrong.

I will say this for VR-even people who don't normally talk to me about music are excited about this release. I'll bet it sells a bajillion copies.

jc

Troy
06-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Bet I care even that much less than you do.

:rolleyes:

Do not!

Do too!

Do NOT!!

Infinity!!

There, now that we got that outta the way . . .

I've been to Slash's house. In the mid-90s I visited some friends in LA and Sunday saw them having to work unexpectedly, so my ever industrious wife got the bright idea to look at open houses on Mulholland Drive. Saw some spectacular pads. One of which was Mr. Slash's. Great 50s modern place on the edge of a cliff, amazing view. The entire second floor was basically, a 2000 sqft nightclub with a big bar at one end and an expanse of glass running the length of the house overlooking all of LA. Behind the bar was a soundproof recording studio (complete with drum set) and on the deck outside were tiger cages . . . occupied. We weren't allowed out there. It was about 5 mil. I didn't ask if the tigers came with the house.

nobody
06-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I gotta be honest, I am mildly curious. I liked Appetite a ton and still listen to it. Unfortunately, I thought pretty much everything else they did was crap after that outside an occasional decent song. That lose your illusion crap just made me wanna puke.

Funny thing about Stone Temple Pilots was that everybody says there first album was a Pearl Jam rip off, but I actually like it and never gave a crap about Pearl Jam.

Can't say that I'm curious enough to get it, but I would have to imagine I'll get a chance to hear it sometime.

I wonder if they'll all stay out of jail long enough for a tour.

I'd love to get to a party with those guys. Can you imagine the wads of cash you could pull out of their pockets after they all pass out?

Dave_G
06-14-2004, 11:01 AM
The pictures inside of Appetite for Destruction of the band did it for me.

I have never seen such a group of drug addled wretched people in my life all together for a picture shoot for a successful band.

Amazing.

Slash is nastier looking than Zaak Wylde.

Dave

Dusty Chalk
06-14-2004, 01:05 PM
I bet I care more than the lot of you put together. And yet, I still care very little.

Ticking away the seconds until the A Tribute to Velvet Revolver and The String Quartet Tribute to Velvet Revolver albums come out.

Troy
06-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Don't forget the "Symphonic Tribute to Velvet Revolver".

newtrix1
06-14-2004, 01:35 PM
I ordered it online from Best Buy last week. It's currently on backorder. I'll keep y'all posted, it seems like everyone's anxiously awaiting some feedback! ;)

Stone
06-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Shouldn't we have the obligatory Velvet Revolver thread?

Can we not and just say we did?

Oh wait, too late...

I saw the video for the single and found it to be pretty boring. Oh, and Scott Weiland looks terrible (especially with the Iggy Pop imitation).

Dave_G
06-15-2004, 04:46 AM
I have the LSO and English Boys Choir Velvet Revolver lp, it's real good.

I contacted MFSL and they pressed me up 1 copy.

Dave