sony receiver question. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : sony receiver question.

mitty26
06-10-2004, 10:51 AM
I have an older sony 545 with a sony dvd player and my problem is that the center channel
sounds really bad when watching movies. I tried 2 different center speakers and still no luck. I don't know if it is the reciever or the dvd player .It is hooked up with the coax. I got a friend with a little home theatre in a box and his center sounds way better than my set up.

kelsci
06-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Mitty26; Place a standard two channel stereo CD into your DVD player. Try both the coaxial and analogue inputs of your receiver playing back that CD. Your receiver should play it back in DOLBY PRO-LOGIC. See if your center speaker sounds bad in both modes. If it does, I would think there are a few possibilities. The least possiblity is the DVD player. The most possibilities is a defective processing DPL-D.D. processor chip in the receiver or a possible defective center channel amplifier.

mitty26
06-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Okay thanks for the ideas , i will go and check this out . I agree it probably isn't the dvd player, this is my second sony this year and the old dvd player sounded the same.

mitty26
06-14-2004, 07:41 PM
well i had enough with the sony and went and bought a new yamaha.