JeffBrecklin
06-10-2004, 08:41 AM
I was wondering are my Trio Kenwoods rare the model number is LSK--400D

JeffBrecklin
06-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Hello is anyone there.

topspeed
06-11-2004, 07:28 AM
Dude, you're 14...why do you care? Planning on dumping your dad's stuff on e-bay while he's out of town? Go outside and play baseball, go swimming, or just hang with your bro's. Go to the mall and check out the Betty's. For Pete's sake get out of the house willya?

JeffBrecklin
06-12-2004, 07:43 AM
But i do get out of the house a lot. What happens if my brother dosnt want me to hang out with them.

This Guy
06-12-2004, 07:54 AM
than you hang out with your own friends

JeffBrecklin
06-14-2004, 12:48 PM
Ok it sounds like a plan. But that doesnt mean that i wont stop puting posts on this board.

This Guy
06-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Ok it sounds like a plan. But that doesnt mean that i wont stop puting posts on this board.
you can keep posting, just dont keep asking these pointless questions.

JeffBrecklin
06-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Ok sorry i just want to know. So can you please answer this question.

thanks jeff

aurobot
06-14-2004, 09:00 PM
jeff,

probably not. lsk-100s and lsk-300s have made appearances on the boards in recent months. the lsk-100s were going for $25/pr and the lsk-300s $100/pr (although it didn't sound like the guy was gonna get that for them). no lsk-400s though, but unless they have some limited edition designation, a weird honeycomb woofer or something along those lines, they're probably not rare. hell, it's kenwood, they probably made thousands of 'em.

what do they look like? wood veneer or vinyl? 2-way? 3-way? 8-way? dome tweeter, cone tweeter, electrostatic? paper or plastic (woofers)? ported, vented, radiators or none of the above?

JeffBrecklin
06-15-2004, 02:28 PM
My kenwoods are 3 way have a bass port. They consist of a 10 inch woofer a im just guesing a 5 inch mid and a crome coned 3 inch tweeter.

thanks jeff

This Guy
06-15-2004, 03:16 PM
They aren't worth much at all. That is just one of the Millions of low end speakers that were made in the 70's. Why are you worrying about this so much?

JeffBrecklin
06-15-2004, 05:15 PM
if you had them would you blow them on purpose. Thats what im thinking of doing cheap pile of garbage speakers.

This Guy
06-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Wow that's the dumbest idea I ever heard. They're your dads speakers and you want to blow them?! I'd kick your ass. Learn to respect other people's property you dumbass. There's always a use for a cheap pair of speakers, you don't need to ruin them for God's sake. Also, by trying to blow them, you could ruin the amp as well and then you'd be in even more ****. Find something better to do you ****in loser.

aurobot
06-16-2004, 07:36 AM
so you wondered how much they were worth because you were planning to blow them all along? interesting. is that also why you wondered how much power your sony receiver has, to see if it might blow your speakers? who cares what they are worth or how much juice your amp has if that's your only purpose? Why don't you blow your smaller advents while you're at it? that might be spectacular.

I don't recommend blowing speakers as a hobby, son. I remember having such notions when I was your age. One of the things that makes me chuckle now is a memory of a friend of mine endangering our hearing with a pioneer amp and some cerwin vegas. he was a true masochist. Those cerwin vegas could take the punishment, god could they. he kept turning it up and they just kept getting louder and louder with no sign of distress. I had to leave the room. I bet he's stone deaf now.

I don't care if you want to destroy your equipment. i doubt if anyone else here does either. so shut up about it already. if you decide you want to LISTEN to your equipment, I'd be happy to talk to you about it.

JeffBrecklin
06-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Those cheap speakers are mine. And i would never blow my dads stuff it is like 10 times better than mine.

JeffBrecklin
06-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Ok sorry i wont blow them up. I will just enjoy them ok sorry.

pelly3s
06-16-2004, 04:17 PM
i honestly would say your speakers might be worth $100/pr if they are in great shape. the only time blow a speaker up is good is when you are a trained professional like me lol. in all seriousness enjoy what you have and with time just buy better. i have gone through tons of different peices and i'm only 21. i never thought about blowing any of it up. the only time i do that is at work with stuff we are just going to throw away and i would never use an amp with the exception of a crown MA-5000 in bridge mono, but i can't think of too many things that can take that power. when i do it at work it's with a variable AC transformer. ok i keep getting off the subject at hand, don't worry about what things are worth or how much power they can handle as long as it gets to the level you want without damage and you are happy with the sound then you are doing good. save money and start building a system you can be proud of. and if you do it right you can spend no more than $1200 and be very happy with everything you have. I don't even think i have $1800 into mine right now and i am finishing up my jbl 4430's for my mains and once i get my 4301's back they are my rears and i have to finish my double 8" and one inch horn center channel. i have more than enough power to go deaf with but i'll never push it that far because its not needed.

JeffBrecklin
06-17-2004, 08:21 AM
My dads stereo has 2000 dollars stuck into it and it sounds incredible for a 22 year old stereo.