[Help] Where to connect my subwoofer ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Where to connect my subwoofer ?

renton
06-09-2004, 07:12 AM
I have a Cerwin-Wega HT-S12 powered subwoofer that is hooked up to my DVD player which has a subwoofer out. Now I plan to get a new DVD player, where will I hook up the sub if the new DVD player doen't have a sub output? I also have a integrated amp, NAD C352, but it doesn't have an output for a sub. Can I get signal from Tape Out maybe?
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

N. Abstentia
06-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Personally, I would get a Dolby Digital/DTS amp to replace your stereo amp so you can get discrete surround.

But to answer your question, you can use the speaker level inputs on your sub as a work around.

But the question I must ask is...why in the heck would you connect a sub directly to a DVD player??? You'd have no control over the volume.

renton
06-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Thank you for your answer.
I don't really need to control the sub volume. I only use it for movies, to enhance the low end sound effects.

So I would have to connect the sub to the amp and then the speakers to the sub ?

This Guy
06-10-2004, 08:42 AM
correct

robin_v
06-22-2004, 11:58 AM
You can always parallell connect your subwoofer to the power amplifier outputs. Then adjust the high pass cutoff frequency on the woofer to match the roll off of your satelites. I think you'll be quite pleased with the results.