The Standard - Wire Post to Wire [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Standard - Wire Post to Wire

Swish
06-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Well Davey, it took about one week for me to get this puppy from deepdiscountcd.com, not quite the eternity you figured on. I thought I made a mistake and ordered it twice, then I realized that my other order was for a cd titled "Post to Wire" by Richmond Fontaine (more on that later). It's really strange that the title is nearly the same as The Standard's record and that I now have both of them. Anyway, I got it on Saturday and have listened to it twice so far (I'm in Salt Lake City on business as I type this, so no time for music here) in my car and, well, I'm not disappointed so far. I can't do a fair review yet since I need several more spins, but so far so good. The one thing I don't care for so much is the lead singer's voice. It's not bad, but he uses way too much vibrato on some songs to the point of becoming annoying.

I know this ain't much, but I'm sitting in my hotel room with nothing much to do, so I wanted to check in with the board. I see not much is happening here either, so I guess I'll head down to the hotel bar and watch the stoopid basketball game that I couldn't care less about.

Swish - NP: Not a friggin' thing!

Davey
06-08-2004, 10:42 PM
Hey Swish, thanks for the initial feedback. Yeah, I hear you about the voice and put that warning in the post about it, but it doesn't bother me at all, or at least doesn't anymore since I guess it did kind of at first. You sure seem to have a lot better luck with deepdiscount than me. My last order took a whole month. But they did ship each of the 3 CDs separately and one of them only took a couple weeks or so. Oh well, I wasn't in a hurry :)

Wow, just noticed that without your post there would've only been one new thread today. It is getting kind of slow around here. Guess everyone's on summer vacation or just pretty busy at work. Or maybe we just ran out of things to talk about. So how's Salt Lake City this time of year?

Swish
06-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey Swish, thanks for the initial feedback. Yeah, I hear you about the voice and put that warning in the post about it, but it doesn't bother me at all, or at least doesn't anymore since I guess it did kind of at first. You sure seem to have a lot better luck with deepdiscount than me. My last order took a whole month. But they did ship each of the 3 CDs separately and one of them only took a couple weeks or so. Oh well, I wasn't in a hurry :)

Wow, just noticed that without your post there would've only been one new thread today. It is getting kind of slow around here. Guess everyone's on summer vacation or just pretty busy at work. Or maybe we just ran out of things to talk about. So how's Salt Lake City this time of year?

The weather reminded me of San Diego, only a little warmer. Very scenic with the mountains all around, some of which are still snow-capped, but pretty tame for the size of the place.

In regard to deepdiscount.cd, I think it took just 5 days to get my ceedee, although I have waited 2 to 3 weeks for some in the past. I guess it's hit-or-miss.

As for posts on the board, I guess it's the summer slow-down, something I've noticed in the past, but perhaps you've forgotten.

Regards,
Swish