Which is flater? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Which is flater?

Boy Lover
06-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Does balanced sound means flat response or the accurite sound but wont go under 100Hz is flater? Since my Alesis Point 7's says if I dont use the plug ports it will give a balanced sound and if I did use them it would be more accurite but bass wont go below 100Hz. I want the sound to be flatest uncolored as possible.

piece-it pete
06-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Does balanced sound means flat response or the accurite sound but wont go under 100Hz is flater? Since my Alesis Point 7's says if I dont use the plug ports it will give a balanced sound and if I did use them it would be more accurite but bass wont go below 100Hz. I want the sound to be flatest uncolored as possible.

My first question is: What the heck is "balanced" sound??!

My best guess is it's marketing, so that they can offer more bass and still claim to have a flat response.

Accurate probably equals flat in this case. I would give them a good listen for a couple weeks each way and let your ears decide.

Good luck!

Pete

gonefishin
06-08-2004, 11:24 AM
I like Pete's advice above. Listen to them...then decide.

Just looking (or listening) to one aspect of speakers doesn't really give you the whole picture. Because one speaker may be flatter may be it's only desiring trait. Listen to them...then decide.

If you still think you should be going after a flat response...take some in room measurments. That should show you two things. One...treat your room. Two...that while an accurate speaker may be the goal of some...it is likely never to be reached in an actual room.

just have fun!

N. Abstentia
06-08-2004, 03:28 PM
You've obviously never heard a system with a perfectly flat frequency response. It sounds very much like shiite.

gonefishin
06-08-2004, 03:43 PM
You've obviously never heard a system with a perfectly flat frequency response. It sounds very much like shiite.

Believe it or not...having a flat frequency response is not something that would make a speaker sound like "shiite". Although, having a flat frequency response doesn't ensure the speaker will sound good either. Alone, It actually doesn't tell you much of anything to conclude.

pelly3s
06-08-2004, 04:10 PM
I've been in a lot of situations where the sound is as flat as possible and i personally am used to it, thats why i tend to RTA a room and try to flatten it. If you are using the speakers in a studio situation then you want flat, but it is a tough thing to get used to listening to. I have no clue what Alesis means about the plug, they will say anything to sell their products.

Boy Lover
06-08-2004, 05:24 PM
The plugs basically makes a bass reflect speakers to a air suspension type and more damped sounds thats what it says on my owners manual but I dont know if that would sound more flat with them on or not

RGA
06-08-2004, 05:47 PM
no offense bu are you some kind of pedophile? - Your avatar is a little suspect IMO.

NickWH
06-08-2004, 07:11 PM
no offense bu are you some kind of pedophile? - Your avatar is a little suspect IMO.

Now what would give you that idea!? LOL!

Seriously though, no NAMBLA members here, please.

Boy Lover
06-08-2004, 09:51 PM
I am just a normal gay boy ok and we are getting off topic. I am very nice person and I dont like peep who pick or annoy me.

piece-it pete
06-09-2004, 05:31 AM
I am just a normal gay boy ok and we are getting off topic. I am very nice person and I dont like peep who pick or annoy me.

Was that avatar present before?

If you don't want controversy why do you have a suggestive picture and name? That is asking for it.

Pete