component video cables? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : component video cables?

stan2
06-06-2004, 08:43 PM
i haven't had to deal with this on my own system, since i don't have a component dvd or tv.. but my neighbor is asking for help.. so are component vid cables same as any other vid cables? or is there any design difference? (i understand not to have him use audio cables...) thx!

Smokey
06-06-2004, 08:54 PM
so are component vid cables same as any other vid cables? or is there any design difference?

Component cables have to carry twice or three times frequency the regular [composite] video cables have to carry. So a better quality cables (may be thicker and better shielding) might be warranted for component cables.

But you also have to realize that due to typical shortness of Interconnect cables, one will probably will get away using video cables for component connections as long as they are quality made :)

stan2
06-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Component cables have to carry twice or three times frequency the regular [composite] video cables have to carry. So a better quality cables (may be thicker and better shielding) might be warranted for component cables.

But you also have to realize that due to typical shortness of Interconnect cables, one will probably will get away using video cables for component connections as long as they are quality made :)

ntntnt