School of Fish [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : School of Fish

Finch Platte
12-01-2003, 07:38 AM
Being the paranoid I am, I'm putting a 2-disc set together of these guys' only 2 discs (remember '3 Strange Days'?), plus a couple of remixes. They're one of my favorite bands, so I want extra copies lying around. It might even have a couple of JC-F's songs on it, but I dunno- his disc was pretty bad.

"This Boston-based college-aged quintet outclassed their postmodern contemporaries with a striking, hook-laden 1991 debut. Their sophomore album was less impressive. Frontman Josh Clayton-Felt issued a solo album, Inarticulate Nature Boy, in 1996; he died January 19, 2000 of testicular cancer at the age of 32."
~ John Floyd, All Music Guide

Don't listen to him- 'Human Cannonball' is a great disc.

If you're still interested, after all this, you know where to reach me.

fp

Troy
12-01-2003, 07:38 AM
Don't listen to him, "Inarticulate Nature Boy" is way better'n any of the SOF albums.

Finch Platte
12-01-2003, 08:16 AM
I CAN smell that.

fp

Davey.
12-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Don't listen to him- 'Human Cannonball' is a great disc.
I used to listen to that first disc a lot but I'd tend to agree with AMG, the second one never did much for me. Maybe it was just too much like the first one and didn't seem very distinctive. Haven't played it in years but still pull out the first one occasionally. Doesn't appeal to me as much anymore, though. Guess my tastes have changed a bit. Actually, I know my tastes have changed a lot. I mostly listened to semi-popular alternative rock back in those days, but much less (close to none?) now. I do remember that the debut was a favorite to play in the morning while I was getting ready to go to work. Another morning favorite was the La's album. And Concrete Blonde. Anything with lots of guitars and kind of an upbeat sound :)

Chip_B
12-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Don't listen to him, "Inarticulate Nature Boy" is way better'n any of the SOF albums.

Don't listen to him either. 'School of Fish' is way better'n 'Testicular Abnormality Boiled' or 'Inarticulate Something-or-Other' or whatever that danged solo wreckard was called. Even though I haven't actually heard 'Invertabrate Tinted Koi' I still stand by this statement cuz it's a well-known fact.

Finch Platte
12-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Nome meticula.

Grblgrbl
12-05-2003, 08:53 AM
I used to listen to that first disc a lot but I'd tend to agree with AMG, the second one never did much for me. Maybe it was just too much like the first one and didn't seem very distinctive. Haven't played it in years but still pull out the first one occasionally. Doesn't appeal to me as much anymore, though. Guess my tastes have changed a bit. Actually, I know my tastes have changed a lot. I mostly listened to semi-popular alternative rock back in those days, but much less (close to none?) now. I do remember that the debut was a favorite to play in the morning while I was getting ready to go to work. Another morning favorite was the La's album. And Concrete Blonde. Anything with lots of guitars and kind of an upbeat sound :)

Ditto to all that.