mising wire connections [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : mising wire connections

spickerill241
06-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Hello novice looking for the way to tell + and minus on wires. I extracted 4 inch infinity woofers and put in 5.25s from Jensen ,ugh right, forgot in my struggle to rip the spades off the posts to mark wires. Now all i have are silver posts or the tweeter/woofered with a + on one and a - on the other. Question: If one of two tweeter wires had monster cable lettering and the other does not, which is +/-? On the woof, if one wire is red and one is red and black twisted striped which is +/-? Incidentally isn't monster cable unusual to be within such a small speaker as the Infinity rs 1001? It sounds nearly indentical to my Jensen cjrs which is disappointing , but that's my next post. Sorry for changing themes.Scott Pickerill

piece-it pete
06-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Scott,

The good news is I've got a pair of RS4000s' ripped apart at home, I remember they had solids & stripes, I'll look tonight & post tomorrow. The black stripe is probably the neg.

Another way to check is follow the wires back to the crossover. Chances are you'll be able to figure it out there.

I use red nail polish to mark the wire & the terminal.

Pete

spickerill241
06-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Dear Pete, then you like the Polyspehrite Tweeter, it's so damn warm , bright ,but warm. Did you need to reedge the 4000s? the foam edges broke away with well a bit of force on mine, just a placement of a thumb and enough pressure to lift them.Bored some new holes and changed the 4s to 5.25s . I'm new to old speakers. But if you ever want to sell them email Scott at spickerill241@yahoo.com. I can always get some cones.I've got 51/4 kilipshes on the way for the rs1001s and if yours is a dual or triiple array i would really like to buy yours. Hoping you don't need yours with your Hsus and probably garage full of speakers, Scott

pelly3s
06-08-2004, 04:30 PM
as long as you have the same color wires going to the same place in both cabs you will be all set.

piece-it pete
06-09-2004, 05:40 AM
Scott,

The stripes are negative.

The RS4000s' have the emit tweeters, I've never heard the polyspherites, unless they're similar to the cone tweets in my car stereo.

I'm shooting you an email!

Pete