PDA

View Full Version : Farewell to yer bud Uncle Gimpy

Hyfi
06-04-2004, 03:59 PM
We once had a Bud here named Gimpy,
He talked a big deal but he’s wimpy.

When the Message Board changed,
The moderators deemed him deranged,

And they cut off his Post ever so simply.

So a sex change was had,
And a Lass was had from a Lad.

Now her face is all greazy and pimply,
And his kids call him Mommy not Dad.

But the holes didn’t seem to ever want to close,
And Gimpy gots poopies all over his toes.

When he laughs and she cries,
He wipes tears from her eyes.

Oh darn there’s a kink in my hose!

She’s not sure if he cums and he’s not sure if she blows,
And she pees herself silly as he sucks on her nose.

Well Gimpy I’m pretty sure you can read this,
And hoping you aren’t getting way too pist.

Cause I know no one will ever admit this,
But your childish behavior we silently do miss.

So get a new diaper and get a new name.
Get a new life and get back in the game.

Just imagine that someone actually said this,
Because things just have not been the same!

dld
06-04-2004, 04:39 PM
It may not be Iambic Pentameter, but it earns a nomination for B as Rave Recs Poet laureate! Good stuff!

NP - Brian Wilson's version of Smile, Royal Albert Hall, 02/24/04, gratis of Brad H.

ForeverAutumn
06-04-2004, 06:13 PM
That's it. Your studies have finally driven you mad. :p

tentoze
06-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Entertaining stuff, alright, Hyfi, but I don't miss anything about him.

DarrenH
06-04-2004, 08:54 PM
I've never understood the fawning this man has received. With all the hatred he has spewed forth. His legacy lives on. I can see him laughing now. Progger Darren Dunderhead.

I've personally met Bryan twice and on each occasion he seemed very cordial. A very nice guy. He gave me beers in Midland. I drove to his home in Cadillac and purchased $70 worth of vinyl from him and then bought him lunch. I thought he was a friend.

Until I questioned one of his posts.......

The Jekyll came forth. It's like our acquaintances never happened. What a transposition. He had this "Rav Rec Personna" to live up to. Fugg him.

I can't respect people like that.

Bryan knows his music but he's not all knowing. He's not the frickin' musical God for chrissakes. But he sure thinks he is and has never been shy about sharing that fact. His remarks against music he doesn't like is well documented. I've been member of this forum for only a few years but I'm well aware that such dissention towards any musical genre warranted serious flaming. For whatever reason the members just let him do his thing. Ya, he was funny at times. I give him that. But he got down right personal and he meant it. Some may shrug this comment off but I tell you, HE MEANS EVERY WORD.

So DLD, DaveG, Swish and any others, I can't respect this person you lionize.

So, like life does go on. I just hope we don't have to endure it with Bryan aka YECH aka Uncle Gimpy.

He's lurking. I know it. Read what I say Bryan. A big middle finger is flying in your direction. Two of them.

Darren

Hyfi
06-05-2004, 07:24 AM
I've never understood the fawning this man has received. With all the hatred he has spewed forth. His legacy lives on. I can see him laughing now. Progger Darren Dunderhead. I've personally met Bryan twice and on each occasion he seemed very cordial. A very nice guy. He gave me beers in Midland. I drove to his home in Cadillac and purchased $70 worth of vinyl from him and then bought him lunch. I thought he was a friend. Until I questioned one of his posts.......The Jekyll came forth. It's like our acquaintances never happened. What a transposition. He had this "Rav Rec Personna" to live up to. Fugg him. I can't respect people like that. Bryan knows his music but he's not all knowing. He's not the frickin' musical God for chrissakes. But he sure thinks he is and has never been shy about sharing that fact. His remarks against music he doesn't like is well documented. I've been member of this forum for only a few years but I'm well aware that such dissention towards any musical genre warranted serious flaming. For whatever reason the members just let him do his thing. Ya, he was funny at times. I give him that. But he got down right personal and he meant it. Some may shrug this comment off but I tell you, HE MEANS EVERY WORD. So DLD, DaveG, Swish and any others, I can't respect this person you lionize.So, like life does go on. I just hope we don't have to endure it with Bryan aka YECH aka Uncle Gimpy. He's lurking. I know it. Read what I say Bryan. A big middle finger is flying in your direction. Two of them. Darren

Grt a grip my friends. My poem was niether an endorsment nor a poll of who likes him and who doesn't. It was merely an attempt at a bit of humor taken from a few of his most recent posts. First off read the title....it starts with Farewell.......um I think that means Bye Bye, see you later...as Shrek said to Donkey. Then read between the lines.

I agree that there should be and now finally are posting standards that are strictly enforced here. That being said, I have no problem with anyone posting here as long as they stick to the rules.

I can't keep track of how long I have posted here or how long others have. I have taken my share of abuse from Bryan and have been on the hot end of the flame many times. When I first started posting here I stuck my neck right in the middle of the infamous Dusty vs Yech War and ended up getting it from both ends.

I also routinely gave him crap about the way he treats others so don't go putting any kind of label on me.

Just remember, people create thier own hell. The fun part is watching them crash and burn and having to live with the choices they make. I know that he knows exactly what he is doing. The sad part is that when you let someone get under your skin, it's hard to get rid of it.

The poem was for a laugh, thats all!

Hyfi

dld
06-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey Darren , take it easy. I (and others) just have fun with Yech/Bryan/Uncle Gimpy when he posts. Unsuccessful Sex Reassignment surgery/Gay Passes at him/crappin in his pants ? nahh, that ain't lionizing or fawning, that just taking a poke at someone. And as you should well know, he'd make the same fun of himself too. I don't know if he ever told you about his attempts to post a picture of his "Wife" when we were all posting pics. He found a pic of a 400# African-American lady. But he couldn't figure out the process to get a pic up. Anyway, why don't we not polarize the board and bring up other folks opinions (incorrectly at that)? If you got an opnion about him, then opine but fer chrissakes, can you leave other folks out? Believe I said to Chance, "..some people, justifiably so, were upset at Yech and some liked him". (or words to that effect) That ain't lionizing, that ain't fawning, thats just the truth.

ForeverAutumn
06-06-2004, 05:53 AM
If you got an opnion about him, then opine but fer chrissakes, can you leave other folks out?

Exactly the point dld. If Yech could have left other folks out then perhaps he wouldn't have gotten himself banned. I wholeheartedly agree with every word Darren said. And I still don't understand how anyone could like this bully (I'm not suggesting that you liked him) whether you were the victim or not. I hated this man far before his poison was directed at me. Believe me, I'm a strong enough person to not care what some ******* on the internet thinks of me. There's only one person on this board who's opinion could ever make a difference in my life. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to just sit back and let him insult me. I refuse to humour and encourage his sickness. And I applaude the moderators of this board for taking his antics seriously enough to get rid of him (again).

Farewell and good riddance Bryan. My world is a better place without you.

Hyfi
06-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Exactly the point dld. If Yech could have left other folks out then perhaps he wouldn't have gotten himself banned. I wholeheartedly agree with every word Darren said. And I still don't understand how anyone could like this bully (I'm not suggesting that you liked him) whether you were the victim or not. I hated this man far before his poison was directed at me. Believe me, I'm a strong enough person to not care what some ******* on the internet thinks of me. There's only one person on this board who's opinion could ever make a difference in my life. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to just sit back and let him insult me. I refuse to humour and encourage his sickness. And I applaude the moderators of this board for taking his antics seriously enough to get rid of him (again).

Farewell and good riddance Bryan. My world is a better place without you.

So ya didn't laugh....maybe ya will when you here how I almost got hurt when I fell off my riding mower laughing at the lines to the poem as they came rushing into my head along with the beer.

dld
06-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Exactly the point dld. If Yech could have left other folks out then perhaps he wouldn't have gotten himself banned.

Geez, don't take this the wrong way, but all I can add to that is, Well DUHHH!!

I think the point of my post, obviously poorly communicated, was that Yech/Gimpy is gone. If you have an opinion about him, well go ahead, post it. But leave other people and their alleged opinions out of it. That could cause polarization.

That Yech is an internet Dick and should have been banned under the rules this board goes by is a no brainer. I don't think thats even debateable. But I've met enuf and talked to enuf internet buddies to know that internet personnas aren't always reflective of their real life values and personalities. You ask whether I consider Bryan a friend. Of course I do. And despite Darren's mischaraterization of my "Lionizing" Bryan, I consider Darren a friend as well. Hell, we've broken bread together twice and he knows hes welcome in my home if he ever gets a chance to come to Dallas again.

Ok, thats all, have a happy musical Sunaday. For me, I'm waiting for the Soprano's Finale as if my life depended on it.

ForeverAutumn
06-07-2004, 04:56 AM
So ya didn't laugh....maybe ya will when you here how I almost got hurt when I fell off my riding mower laughing at the lines to the poem as they came rushing into my head along with the beer.

Actually, I did laugh. :D And you should know that drinking and riding don't mix. :p I'm glad to hear that you only almost got hurt and didn't actually get hurt.

Geez, don't take this the wrong way, but all I can add to that is, Well DUHHH!!

I guess that's just one more example of my being ForeverStupid. ;)

Dave_G
06-07-2004, 07:05 AM
Well,

I have had a turn of heart and I now will only post about love, peace, happiness, and Opeth.

Regards,

Dave

by the way apparently the original Kansas did a gig the other nite and it was hot. Would loved to see that one!

-Jar-
06-07-2004, 07:28 AM
Well,

I have had a turn of heart and I now will only post about love, peace, happiness, and Opeth.

Regards,

Dave

by the way apparently the original Kansas did a gig the other nite and it was hot. Would loved to see that one!

yesterday I downloaded Opeth's cover of Celtic Frost's CIRCLE OF THE TYRANTS..

VERY wicked!

;-)

-jar

Swish
06-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey Darren , take it easy. I (and others) just have fun with Yech/Bryan/Uncle Gimpy when he posts. Unsuccessful Sex Reassignment surgery/Gay Passes at him/crappin in his pants ? nahh, that ain't lionizing or fawning, that just taking a poke at someone. And as you should well know, he'd make the same fun of himself too. I don't know if he ever told you about his attempts to post a picture of his "Wife" when we were all posting pics. He found a pic of a 400# African-American lady. But he couldn't figure out the process to get a pic up. Anyway, why don't we not polarize the board and bring up other folks opinions (incorrectly at that)? If you got an opnion about him, then opine but fer chrissakes, can you leave other folks out? Believe I said to Chance, "..some people, justifiably so, were upset at Yech and some liked him". (or words to that effect) That ain't lionizing, that ain't fawning, thats just the truth.

I actually had a similar one all typed out and ready to go but I lost my internet connection and my data, so I gave up on it. I wanted to chastise Darren for saying that I (and others) lionize Bryan. Yes, I consider him a friend, but he never attacked me like many others, although he wasn't exactly into the same kind of music I like and he made no bones about it. I jumped on his anti-prog bandwagon years back but just because I thought it was so ridiculously funny and I really don't like prog very much. It was all in FUN. Demitrio used to get a little ticked off but I don't think he was really all that upset about it actually. Maybe I'm forgetting some of the story, but I never followed the whole thing that closely as I can't be on the board every day.

Anyway, well said my friend, now I'm going to get back to my other tasks. I'm sitting in a hotel in Salt Lake City and getting ready for the start of our national conference. It's always a hoot to see my old friends from all over the states each year, along with the other eye candy. ;)

Swish Baby

Hyfi
02-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Ah, my old attempts at poetry.......did someone mention Yech today?

MasterCylinder
02-29-2012, 07:50 AM
I've never understood the fawning this man has received. With all the hatred he has spewed forth. His legacy lives on. I can see him laughing now. Progger Darren Dunderhead.

I've personally met Bryan twice and on each occasion he seemed very cordial. A very nice guy. He gave me beers in Midland. I drove to his home in Cadillac and purchased $70 worth of vinyl from him and then bought him lunch. I thought he was a friend.

Until I questioned one of his posts.......

The Jekyll came forth. It's like our acquaintances never happened. What a transposition. He had this "Rav Rec Personna" to live up to. Fugg him.

I can't respect people like that.

Bryan knows his music but he's not all knowing. He's not the frickin' musical God for chrissakes. But he sure thinks he is and has never been shy about sharing that fact. His remarks against music he doesn't like is well documented. I've been member of this forum for only a few years but I'm well aware that such dissention towards any musical genre warranted serious flaming. For whatever reason the members just let him do his thing. Ya, he was funny at times. I give him that. But he got down right personal and he meant it. Some may shrug this comment off but I tell you, HE MEANS EVERY WORD.

So DLD, DaveG, Swish and any others, I can't respect this person you lionize.

So, like life does go on. I just hope we don't have to endure it with Bryan aka YECH aka Uncle Gimpy.

He's lurking. I know it. Read what I say Bryan. A big middle finger is flying in your direction. Two of them.

Darren

LOL ! Well said, Darren.
I had many giggles whilst piising off YECH.
And even more when he could not reciprocate...............he's a complete a$$hole.

Do not forget the bottom line :
The opposite of love is not hate; it is indifference. ;)

DarrenH
03-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Damn Hifi, why are you dredging up all this old bull****?

JohnMichael
03-22-2012, 07:34 PM
We have been bumping old threads of late.

DarrenH
03-22-2012, 07:39 PM
We have been bumping old threads of late.

Well, my feelings haven't changed.

Hyfi
03-23-2012, 03:05 AM

Dood, How ya been?

ForeverAutumn
03-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Damn Hifi, why are you dredging up all this old bull****?

So that we could get people like you back in the fold and posting again! ;)

How are you Darren? What are you listening too???? I miss your recommendations!

GMichael
03-23-2012, 06:34 AM
It looks like some of the older posters still lurk around these parts.

DarrenH
03-23-2012, 01:26 PM
So that we could get people like you back in the fold and posting again! ;)

How are you Darren? What are you listening too???? I miss your recommendations!

Autumn,

A lot has changed for me in the nearly 8 years since I posted above. I'm over the Yech thing, really, but the guy was a colossal prick. Anyhoo, I'm big into jazz now. Largely so. Once I discovered it I was hooked. I have attended the Detroit Jazz Festival for the last 6 years and seen numerous artists perform. But, I still listen to my older prog records and keep current with newer bands. I saw Porcupine Tree in concert back in 2007 and The Decemberists in 2009. I'm still a big Dream Theater fan even with the loss of Mike Portnoy and thought their latest album was pretty good.

Nice chatting with you again Autumn. You were always one of my favorites on Rave Recs.

Cheers,
Darren

DarrenH
03-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Dood, How ya been?

It's been good. Spending most of my online time over at AudioKarma. I've seen you over there and I left you message.

Cheers,

Darren

MasterCylinder
03-26-2012, 04:11 AM
Autumn,

I'm over the Yech thing, really, but the guy was a colossal prick.

LOL...........agreed !
Remember..............The opposite of love is not hate; it is indifference

I'm still a big Dream Theater fan even with the loss of Mike Portnoy and thought their latest album was pretty good.

I thought it was a lot more than pretty good.
Mangini brings something new to the table.

tentoze
03-26-2012, 04:42 PM

Nor have mine.

3LB
03-27-2012, 01:21 PM
I haven't seen or heard of Yech in what must be 4 to 5 years now, and that was over at Audio Asylum. I forgot my log-in over at AudioKarma, so I haven't ventured over there in a couple of years either. I got into fusion of late (a few years ago) and so I've been elsewhere. Since prog and fusion have been my thing of late, I spend most my time over at Progressive Ears. I still get some good recs here from time to time.

PE itself has quite the motley crew and can be a huge repository for know-it-alls and humorless curmudgeons, but I've never encountered an entity like Yech. If he had a good side, he wouldn't show it. The only way to appease him was to kiss his ass. And yes, he cared more about his personna than anything else. He had what I've termed in the past (about some guys I've had the misfortune of working with) a jail-bird mentality, where he always had to be the biggest dawg, the biggest mouth, the biggest bully - always puttin on the dog, puttin up a front because even if he holds people at bay, they might at least fear him enough to not mess with him. Better than tossing salads I suppose.

MasterCylinder
03-29-2012, 04:09 AM
PE itself has quite the motley crew and can be a huge repository for know-it-alls and humorless curmudgeons, but I've never encountered an entity like Yech. If he had a good side, he wouldn't show it. The only way to appease him was to kiss his ass. And yes, he cared more about his personna than anything else. He had what I've termed in the past (about some guys I've had the misfortune of working with) a jail-bird mentality, where he always had to be the biggest dawg, the biggest mouth, the biggest bully - always puttin on the dog, puttin up a front because even if he holds people at bay, they might at least fear him enough to not mess with him. Better than tossing salads I suppose.

Good description.
I remember that he loved the blues and hated prog.........and for some reason, they were mutually exclusive. Thus, even though I don't dislike the blues, I took that badge and wore it (for Yech) as part of my defense for prog.

One day I made the brilliant and provocative proclamation that the blues is "simple music for simple people".........to my delight he went ballistic and threw hate at me for months.

ForeverAutumn
03-29-2012, 04:53 AM
One day I made the brilliant and provocative proclamation that the blues is "simple music for simple people".........to my delight he went ballistic and threw hate at me for months.

OMG! I once asked a question, something like, "Is Neil Young Artistically Dead?" It was after he released that song he did about 9/11, which I thought was a total dud of a song; and ****head totally blew a gasket. I have to admit that was fun. :lol:

MasterCylinder
04-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Byc moze powinienes zastanowic sie nad pozycjonowaniem strony? blog wwwstep com pl]pozycjonowanie stron Pozycjonowanie to umieszczanie jej wysoko w wynikach wyszukiwarek dzieki stosowaniu pewnego rodzaju zabiegow Jeszcze do niedawna najlatwiejszym sposobem pozycjonowania bylo umieszczanie w tekscie, zamieszczonym na stronie, slow i fraz kluczowych epromocja nazwadomeny edu pl]pozycjonowanie

Byly i sa one latwe do odnalezienia dla tzw robotow wyszukiwarek Slowa takie najczesciej wyodrebnia sie z tekstu za pomoca pogrubienia lub podkreslenia po to, aby staly sie jeszcze bardziej widoczne Gdy wiec dane haslo zostanie wpisane audyt wwwweb net pl]tanie pozycjonowanie w wyszukiwarce a jest dobrze wyeksponowane na stronie to istnieje duza szansa, ze strona ta pojawi sie gdzies na poczatkowej liscie wynikow wyszukiwania
Pozycjonowanie to metoda, dla ktorej wazne sa wewnetrzne linki, blog wwwstep com pl]pozycjonowanie stron optymalizowanie tresci i inne Strona musi byc, bowiem zauwazana przez wyszukiwarki, ale jednoczesnie tez przez ludzi

Musi zachecac trescia i wygladem do jej otwarcia i odwiedzenia
Pozycjonowanie umozliwia, co prawda jej widocznosc blog-pozycjonowanie stronki24 info pl]pozycjonowanie, ale to jeszcze nie znaczy, ze krotki tekst ze strony, pojawiajacy sie razem z wyszukana fraza, bedzie na tyle ciekawy i przejrzysty, ze uzytkownik szukajacy wiadomosci na dany temat epromocja nazwadomeny edu pl]pozycjonowanie otworzy akurat ten link Korzystanie z wyszukiwarek bardzo pomaga w zdobywaniu informacji, dlatego dla kazdego uzytkownika wazne jest, aby, na pierwszych stronach otrzymanych wynikow, blog-internet darmowestronki365 net pl]pozycjonowanie wyswietlaly sie te najbardziej rzetelne, kompetentne i sprawdzone

+ 1
Could not agree more..........