3 "Album Sides" on one cd-r [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 3 "Album Sides" on one cd-r

PPG
06-04-2004, 05:11 AM
Anyone interested? Put the equivalent of 3 different album sides on one cd-r, each one by a different artist but not too far apart in style. If the album was ever originally released on LP, then you can easily find out what the original side song line-up was but if it was only released on CD, then just put 5 or 6 consecutively-running songs on the cd-r (no cherry-picking or best-of situation is the rules here for a true album "side"). Here's what a line-up might look like:

Cd-r tracks 1-4: Spock's Beard - tracks 1-4 from "The Kindness of Strangers" (longer tracks from them)
Cd-r tracks 5-9: IZZ - tracks 1-5 from "I Move"
cd-r tracks 10-14 Flower Kings

Wanna play? Post your line-up...

mad rhetorik
06-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Put the equivalent of 3 different album sides on one cd-r, each one by a different artist but not too far apart in style. If the album was ever originally released on LP, then you can easily find out what the original side song line-up was but if it was only released on CD, then just put 5 or 6 consecutively-running songs on the cd-r (no cherry-picking or best-of situation is the rules here for a true album "side"). Here's what a line-up might look like:

Cd-r tracks 1-4: Spock's Beard - tracks 1-4 from "The Kindness of Strangers" (longer tracks from them)
Cd-r tracks 5-9: IZZ - tracks 1-5 from "I Move"
cd-r tracks 10-14 Flower Kings

Wanna play? Post your line-up...

Here's an '80s thrash 3-side:

1-4: Metallica's <b>Master Of Puppets</b> ("Battery," title track, "Thing That Should Not Be," "Sanitarium")
5-8: Megadeth's <b>Rust In Peace</b> ("Holy Wars...The Punishment Due," "Hanger 18," "Take No Prisoners," "Five Magics")
9-12: Anthrax's <b>Among The Living</b> (title track, "Caught In A Mosh," "I Am The Law," "N.F.L.")

Pretty ace listing from three giants of thrash metal, and I'm pretty sure all twelve tracks will fit.

Here's a metalcore/math-metal 3-side:

1-5: Converge's <b>Jane Doe</b> ("Concubine," "Fault And Fracture," "Distance And Meaning," "Hell To Pay," "Homewrecker")
6-9: Burnt By The Sun's <b>Soundtrack To The Personal Revolution</b> ("Dracula With Glasses," "Soundtrack To The Worst Movie Ever," "Dow Jones And The Temple Of Doom," "Boston Tea-Bag Party")
10-15: Dillinger Escape Plan's <b>Calculating Infinity</b> ("Destro's Secret," "Running Board," "Clip The Apex...Accept Instruction," title track, "4th Grade Dropout")

That disc MUST end with "4th Grade Dropout." Anybody who's heard that song knows what I'm talking about. Finishing the disc with anything else would be anticlimactic.

Of course, after all that a 3-side of moody, noir-ish trip-hop to cool down would be nice:

1-4: Massive Attack's <b>Mezzanine</b> ("Angel," "Risingson," "Teardrop," "Inertia Creeps")
5-8: Tricky's <b>Maxinquaye</b> ("Overcome," "Ponderosa," "Black Steel," "Hell Is Around The Corner")
9-12: Portishead's <b>Dummy</b> ("Sour Times," "Strangers," "It Could Be Sweet," "Wandering Star")

Slosh
06-04-2004, 08:45 AM
Sorry. I don't get it. If I want to listen to an album side I'll play the album (duh! ;) )

-Jar-
06-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Here's an '80s thrash 3-side:

1-4: Metallica's <b>Master Of Puppets</b> ("Battery," title track, "Thing That Should Not Be," "Sanitarium")
5-8: Megadeth's <b>Rust In Peace</b> ("Holy Wars...The Punishment Due," "Hanger 18," "Take No Prisoners," "Five Magics")
9-12: Anthrax's <b>Among The Living</b> (title track, "Caught In A Mosh," "I Am The Law," "N.F.L.")

Pretty ace listing from three giants of thrash metal, and I'm pretty sure all twelve tracks will fit.

Here's a metalcore/math-metal 3-side:

1-5: Converge's <b>Jane Doe</b> ("Concubine," "Fault And Fracture," "Distance And Meaning," "Hell To Pay," "Homewrecker")
6-9: Burnt By The Sun's <b>Soundtrack To The Personal Revolution</b> ("Dracula With Glasses," "Soundtrack To The Worst Movie Ever," "Dow Jones And The Temple Of Doom," "Boston Tea-Bag Party")
10-15: Dillinger Escape Plan's <b>Calculating Infinity</b> ("Destro's Secret," "Running Board," "Clip The Apex...Accept Instruction," title track, "4th Grade Dropout")

That disc MUST end with "4th Grade Dropout." Anybody who's heard that song knows what I'm talking about. Finishing the disc with anything else would be anticlimactic.

Of course, after all that a 3-side of moody, noir-ish trip-hop to cool down would be nice:

1-4: Massive Attack's <b>Mezzanine</b> ("Angel," "Risingson," "Teardrop," "Inertia Creeps")
5-8: Tricky's <b>Maxinquaye</b> ("Overcome," "Ponderosa," "Black Steel," "Hell Is Around The Corner")
9-12: Portishead's <b>Dummy</b> ("Sour Times," "Strangers," "It Could Be Sweet," "Wandering Star")

I like the trip-hop version. I used to make tapes like this all the time..

did you get the cd's I sent? I hope your college didn't lose 'em :(

-jar

newtrix1
06-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Anyone interested? Put the equivalent of 3 different album sides on one cd-r, each one by a different artist but not too far apart in style.

Second half of cd (or side "B" if they were LP's) of:
Public Enemy Apocalypse 91
Rage Against the Machine - S/T
System of a Down - Toxicity

oooo that would be one angry cdr :mad: