Uncle Gimpy zapped again! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Gimpy zapped again!

Swish
06-03-2004, 12:20 PM
I responded to his post about the new Los Lobos (and a couple other things) and, as I returned from NJ to see and e-mail letting me know that he had responded to my response (you following me?) , but when I clicked on the link I got Jack squat. I guess when you're banned, you're really banned. It was good for a quick laugh, although I laughed more at DLD's response than the original post.

Swish - NP: The Bad Plus - Give

dld
06-03-2004, 05:30 PM
I responded to his post about the new Los Lobos (and a couple other things) and, as I returned from NJ to see and e-mail letting me know that he had responded to my response (you following me?) , but when I clicked on the link I got Jack squat. I guess when you're banned, you're really banned. It was good for a quick laugh, although I laughed more at DLD's response than the original post.

Swish - NP: The Bad Plus - Give

I figure either they've got his ISP# pegged, or, hes being reported. Regardless, I think for someone who prolly underwent unsuccessful sex reassignment surgery and THEN was involved in a terrible crash which left him unable to control his poop, he keeps a postive uplifting outlook on life, even tho hes pretty Wimpy.

chancethegardener
06-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Um.....am I missing something here? I'm only new to the site, but I've replied to a post from this so-called "Uncle Gimpy", and read other correspondance from him and to him, but I gather from your dialogue just now that he is some kind of fake or nuisance person. What's the go? Is he for real or just a joker? No offense Gimpy, if you are for real.

Chance

dld
06-04-2004, 06:58 AM
Um.....am I missing something here? I'm only new to the site, but I've replied to a post from this so-called "Uncle Gimpy", and read other correspondance from him and to him, but I gather from your dialogue just now that he is some kind of fake or nuisance person. What's the go? Is he for real or just a joker? No offense Gimpy, if you are for real.

Chance

He's an old friend or an old pest, depending on who you are and how seriously you took him. He said some, uhhh, bad s!!t that upset a few folx & got himself a real good banning about 6-10 months ago ("..its not like I didn't deserve it..." said he). New schtick, same person. As for the unsuccessful sex reassignment surgery and the terrible car wreck, you might take that with, as we say in the states, a grain of salt. The car wreck at least. Still banned it seems. On the plus side, he does send out some magnificent beers from time to time and some priceless compilations (anybody remember You Proggers Can Eat My Shorts and Pass The Afrosheen Vol. I, II & III? ).

Dave_G
06-04-2004, 07:43 AM
I think Yech should be allowed to post here.

Sure, he offends a lot of people but you can't take it personally.

It's an internet music board for heavens sake!

But I do think everyone should have to follow the rules, and if he couldn't follow the rules, then I guess it's okay to "ban" someone from posting, but in general I think he and his antics are fine.

He bothers me none, I actually like his banter at times, and he does know a lot about music and gear and beer.

I would vote to have him to be able to post.

If you don't like what he says, just ignore it.

Dave

BradH
06-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Hey, Big Dave, controlling your poop is overrated. It's just an extension of man's warlike nature against Gaia Earth Mother who wants us all to let go and do our own thing...

Pass The Afrosheen. 3 discs of solid High Life, Funk and Afrobeat.

Hey, Kids! Collect all three discs, convert 'em to mp3's on your pc and you can listen to it on the radio after a successful carjacking in Grand Theft Auto!

It's the right thing to do.

newtrix1
06-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Sure, he offends a lot of people but you can't take it personally.

How can you not take some of his extremey personal attacks personally? Like I said before, some of his stuff was harmless and funny, but it's the personal stuff directed at specific people that got him banned. I think you have to draw the line somewhere. My line is not in the same place as some others. Nuff said, life goes on :)

Troy
06-04-2004, 09:33 AM
I think Dave would look best with hair style 14.

Dave_G
06-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Ya I never noticed his personal abuse of some, which is uncool.

Actually my Fro from the 70's needs pomade to keep it's sheen.

I have grown 3' dreadlocks and I now look like Roger Waters kid who is now playing keyboards for Ozric Tentacles.

Dave

dld
06-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Hey Brad, got yer Smile Concert boots, haven't had a chance to play em yet (actually forgot to bring em to Baton Rouge this week). Next time I get in the Mazda I'll put em in the OEM POC player and fire em up. Or maybe in the big rig at home after work. yea, thats the ticket.