Monitor Audio MA-8s [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Audio MA-8s

Weister42
06-03-2004, 10:43 AM
I bought a pair of these speakers at a yardsale and one of the woofers is blown, I looked all over the internet and I can't find anything about these speakers. The cabinet is really solid and has a 1-inch dome tweeter, and the one that work sounds really nice. Are there any replacements for the woofers in these speakers? The screw holes are fixed with metal threads so it's gotta be an exact fit...the woofer is 6 7/8 inch across accounting the frame and has rubber surrounds.

eLeakist
06-22-2004, 04:35 PM
I bought a pair of these speakers at a yardsale and one of the woofers is blown, I looked all over the internet and I can't find anything about these speakers. The cabinet is really solid and has a 1-inch dome tweeter, and the one that work sounds really nice. Are there any replacements for the woofers in these speakers? The screw holes are fixed with metal threads so it's gotta be an exact fit...the woofer is 6 7/8 inch across accounting the frame and has rubber surrounds.

Seems this may be a common problem. I found mine the same way - and in the same condition for $5.00 Canadian. The problematic woofer is not blown (coil is ok) but seems to be off centre only, so is perhaps repairable. I too have struck out on the replacement driver front, as have not had replies from the Canadian distributor. If you find anything in the US, please let me know. Otherwise, if you decide to give up the cause, please contact me to deal on purchase of the set or components.

Regards,

eLeakist