trouble with a new sony tv [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : trouble with a new sony tv

cashlz
06-02-2004, 04:49 PM
I have a new sony kv40xbr800 television and have a problem with the display for whatever input source staying on constantly. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on this. The owners manual has provided very little help. thanks in advance!

Woochifer
06-02-2004, 05:09 PM
I have a new sony kv40xbr800 television and have a problem with the display for whatever input source staying on constantly. Just wondering if anyone had any insight on this. The owners manual has provided very little help. thanks in advance!

Is there a display button on the remote (been a while since I've used a Sony TV)? On their older models, pushing that button again will clear the on-screen display. If you don't have one available, a crazy idea would be to borrow a remote for an older Sony model that has the display button and try that out on your TV; Sony does not change their remote codes very often and it just might work.

Also, have you scanned through the menu options or display preferences? There might be something in there that you've missed. Otherwise, if it bothers you enough, then you should take it back and get it checked out. There might be a service menu item (accessible only to trained technicians) that's not set correctly.