Fluance [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fluance

jeffrodesiac
12-01-2003, 12:05 AM
hey i saw an ad for the fluanceAV-HTB speakers 5 w/ no sub for $200.00 i was wondering if anyone has heard them etc.

Worf101
12-01-2003, 09:09 AM
it's the quarterly Fluance Speaker post. Look, Fluance is entry level, third tier gear from Canada. It's good for basic systems, college dorms and alike but the bottom line is you're getting what you paid for. Their name was chosen to remind folks of the more expensive and reputable "Nuance" brand of speakers. Hey if you want to buy em, buy em, but as I said before, you're getting what you're paying for, just a cut above "White Van" quality.

Da Worfster

C Bennett
12-04-2003, 06:13 AM
I think it depends on what your looking for. If your looking for a top of the line HT system this ain't it. If you are truly looking for inexpensive HT this IS it. At this price point its good for a budget system. I think some guys here( not u worf)still can't understand guys can't understand/comprehend some guys cant spend $1000+ on HT stuff. Sure it sounds better but the kids need clothes and we need to eat etc..... . This IS NOT one of those giant killer systems and a better system can be put together but it will also cost more. Read the reviews here there are 18 for one system and 8 for the other its from the guys here they give it a 4.75 out of 5 sounds good to me. This is more for the sound for the price rather than overall performance I think. So read the reviews and for that price if you need a budget system I think you really can't go wrong from what ive read from the reviews.