Nobody's Industrial Trax Comp: Review [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nobody's Industrial Trax Comp: Review

mad rhetorik
05-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Got your comp, Nobody. I like it--there's a couple of dud tracks, but most of it is an excellent introduction to dance-oriented industrial, instead of the metal-crossover industrial I'm used to hearing. Lots of catchy grooves, beats, and basslines. Here's a breakdown:

1. Revolting C<a>ocks "Beers, Steers, And Q<a>ueers": Excellent opening track. Some great rapping and catchy beats, with some goofy samples (taken from the movie <b>Deliverence</b>?) thrown in for good measure.
2. KMFDM "Godlike": This is more metal-crossoverish. Decent track, but a bit on the repetitive side.
3. Sister Machine Gun "Addiction": Ooh, I like. Great beats and lyrics.
4. Pig "S<a>hit For Brains": Uh....no. <i>Hated</i> this.
5. Thrill Kill Kult "Do You Fear For Your Child?": Okay, the sample of the kid saying "straight to hell" in that cutesy voice made me chuckle a bit, but the rest was good.
6. Ministry "Everyday (Is Halloween)": Most of the Ministry material I've heard in the past I didn't care for too much (sounded like speed metal with drum machines), but this is quite different from the Ministry I'm used to hearing. One of my favorites on this comp.
7. Laibach "Geburt Einer Nation": Weird but good. Has a sort of majestic feel about it. I haven't a fargin' clue as to what they're saying, though.
8. Revolting Cocks "No Devotion": It's okay. Not bad, but not really memorable either.
9. Meat Beat Manifesto "God O.D.": Now THIS rules. Great use of samples and some of the best rapping I've ever heard (I hereby withdraw all jokes made regarding English M.C.'s ; P).
10. KMFDM "Virus": The better of the two KMFDM songs. Very good.
11. Thrill Kill Kult "Cuz It's Hot": This is the other stinker on here. Too repetitive and goes on for way too long.
12. Acid Horse "No Name, No Slogan": More catchy industrial dance.
13. A Split Second "Rigor Mortis": A good track to wrap the comp up.

Thanks for sending this out to me. It's a good intro to the world of dance-oriented industrial. I look forward to getting more music from the genre.

-Jar-
05-31-2004, 12:23 PM
9. Meat Beat Manifesto "God O.D.": Now THIS rules. Great use of samples and some of the best rapping I've ever heard (I hereby withdraw all jokes made regarding English M.C.'s ; P).

Meat Beat rules.