Amplifier B & K versus Anthem [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Amplifier B & K versus Anthem

2eligons
05-30-2004, 06:14 PM
I am currently the owner of B & W 704 Speakers powered by Marantz 8200. I am considering purchasing either the B & K ST125.2 or Anthem PAV2 as I need more power. Does anyone have any experience w/ either good or bad and/or recommendations for the better amplifier? Thanks for any input.

topspeed
05-31-2004, 12:41 PM
They're both good amps from reputable companies so you can't really go wrong. It's simply a matter of taste. As a former owner of B&K, I can vouch for their bulletproof reliability. You might also consider Parasound, Rotel, and Outlaw at this price point. If tubes are an option, there are affordable amps from ASL and Jolida worth auditioning, although TAS reported the 700's represent tricky loads (a problem with the previous CDM's too) so avoid OTL's.

Have Fun.

Geoffcin
05-31-2004, 04:08 PM
I am currently the owner of B & W 704 Speakers powered by Marantz 8200. I am considering purchasing either the B & K ST125.2 or Anthem PAV2 as I need more power. Does anyone have any experience w/ either good or bad and/or recommendations for the better amplifier? Thanks for any input.

Just picked up a 3 channel B&K amp for his B&W's and it works really well. I don't think you can go wrong with one.