Need help with Denon 3805 zone 2 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Denon 3805 zone 2

avitar4321
05-30-2004, 12:51 PM
I have just finished setting up my new home theater using the Denon 3805. I set it up as a 5.1 system, and I installed a pair of Nile HS20's outside on our deack. I got the Denon because it says you can use Zone 2 seperately if you are only using a 5.1 setup. I am having a tuff time and cannot figure out how to get this working. I CAN hear the outdoor spearkers ONLY if I go into the setup and set them as rear surrounds, AND THEN PLAY SOMETHING IN 7 speaker stereo. If I do the speaker config as only fronts, center and rears, and then go into the amp section and hit it to Zone 2 (or Zone 3) I do not get anythiing. The manual is pretty useless and there is no customer service number listed .... other than in Japan...

Any help would really be great!

PDZ
06-12-2004, 10:20 AM
I have the exact same problem. I bought my 3805 so I could play at the source and selectively feed to my Niles speakes on the screened porch. Just spent two hours trying to figure out how to feed only to the screened porch speakers. Still not successful. If you have found an answer, please let me know. I agree the manual is useless.

PDZ
06-14-2004, 04:12 AM
I have just finished setting up my new home theater using the Denon 3805. I set it up as a 5.1 system, and I installed a pair of Nile HS20's outside on our deack. I got the Denon because it says you can use Zone 2 seperately if you are only using a 5.1 setup. I am having a tuff time and cannot figure out how to get this working. I CAN hear the outdoor spearkers ONLY if I go into the setup and set them as rear surrounds, AND THEN PLAY SOMETHING IN 7 speaker stereo. If I do the speaker config as only fronts, center and rears, and then go into the amp section and hit it to Zone 2 (or Zone 3) I do not get anythiing. The manual is pretty useless and there is no customer service number listed .... other than in Japan...

Any help would really be great!

I found the solution to our problem:

1) First make sure your deck speakers are connected to the Surround Back/Multi-Zone speaker terminals on the back of the unit (lower right hand side)
2) In System Setup under Speaker Configuration make sure the Surround Back/Surround B speakers are active (the last set of speakers in this menu). The default is small unless you activate the Surround B speakers above and make tem large.
3) In the Option setup of System Setup go to the Power Amplifier Assignment section and select Zone 2 as the option.
4) You should be set up now to use your Zone 2 speakers.
5) On your remote press the Zone 2 button, press the Source On button at the top of the remote, and then select a source to play (like the tuner or CD). To turn this source off you use the Source Off button.
6) To play your main speakers at the same time repeat the above step with the AMP button.

I hope this helps