Regehr hits Fedatenko [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Regehr hits Fedatenko

MindGoneHaywire
05-29-2004, 06:41 PM
Anyone see this? The announcers just absolved Regehr of intent to injure, but the way the play looks on the instant replay, it almost looks worse to me than the Bertuzzi mugging. No way Fedatenko's as hurt as Moore, but his face took a nasty shot into the boards as he couldn't get his arm up to protect himself or shield the blow & the impact just looks devastating. If he doesn't have a broken cheekbone I'd be very surprised.

This being the Finals, it doesn't make sense that there's going to be intent to injure. But that play looked awfully vicious to me.

RGA
05-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Anyone see this? The announcers just absolved Regehr of intent to injure, but the way the play looks on the instant replay, it almost looks worse to me than the Bertuzzi mugging. No way Fedatenko's as hurt as Moore, but his face took a nasty shot into the boards as he couldn't get his arm up to protect himself or shield the blow & the impact just looks devastating. If he doesn't have a broken cheekbone I'd be very surprised.

This being the Finals, it doesn't make sense that there's going to be intent to injure. But that play looked awfully vicious to me.

That's hockey - let the wanker's play Football.

Seriously, that was a clean hit. Unfortunately Fedetenko was kinda slipping before he got hit.

And as usual Don Cherry was right - the boards in the rinks should all be one piece - the red wood ridge does not need to be there and if it wasn't Fedetenko probably would not have been hurt. No touch icing should be installed as well as that has ended many a career.

In the end though the right team won the game. :-)

DarrenH
05-29-2004, 08:23 PM
I like Don Cherry. He's not afraid to say what he thinks. I wish his "Coaches Corner" segments were longer.

I've been watching CBC's Hockey Night In Canada for years. I especially like thier coverage during the playoffs and watch them exclusively. ESPN flat out stinks. I've grown tired of thier rhetoric. They're so frickin predicable it's ridiculous. Crappy announcers.

In my neck of the woods though (Detroit) you can't beat Mickey Redmon for his Wings commentary. He's not as forward as Cherry but he's very good.

And I agree, that thing with Fedentenko, that's Hockey.

Darren

Swish
05-31-2004, 03:11 PM
I like Don Cherry. He's not afraid to say what he thinks. I wish his "Coaches Corner" segments were longer.

I've been watching CBC's Hockey Night In Canada for years. I especially like thier coverage during the playoffs and watch them exclusively. ESPN flat out stinks. I've grown tired of thier rhetoric. They're so frickin predicable it's ridiculous. Crappy announcers.

In my neck of the woods though (Detroit) you can't beat Mickey Redmon for his Wings commentary. He's not as forward as Cherry but he's very good.

And I agree, that thing with Fedentenko, that's Hockey.

Darren

They kept changing camera angles as though they were providing something vital but it was for no reason whatsoever, usually missing the action at or near the puck. KISS! Keep it simple stupid! Aside from that, they continually ran the sports ticker at the bottom of the screen throughout the entire game. It was distracting and unnecessary. This is the conference finals for cryin' out loud, not some lumberjack or stongest man competition!

I repeat, ESPN2 SUCKS.

Swish, going to take his sedative now.