Cable recommendation for B&W speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cable recommendation for B&W speakers

stevos2005
05-29-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm just wondernig what kind of cables people use on their B&W speakers, particularly the CDM, 700, or Nautilus series? I'm looking for a speaker cable pair to connect B&W CDM 9NT's with a rotel RB-1080 amp. I don't want to spend all that much though. I feel that Monster Cable/MIT cables are overpriced. Any suggestions?

stevos2005
05-29-2004, 10:39 AM
I'm thinking about the Tara Labs RSC Prime 1000 (possibly biwire). Does anyone have experience with this cable?

Thanks

mtrycraft
05-29-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm thinking about the Tara Labs RSC Prime 1000 (possibly biwire). Does anyone have experience with this cable?

Thanks

I am thinking about the Home Depot's 12 ga speaker wire or their landscape wire, about $.30/ft.

Beckman
05-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Why spend .30/ft. for speaker cable when you can spend hundreds for cable that offers no sonic improvements;)

mtrycraft
05-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Why spend .30/ft. for speaker cable when you can spend hundreds for cable that offers no sonic improvements;)

Oh, I don't know. Is this a trick question? :D

Bjorn
06-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Oh, I don't know. Is this a trick question? :D

Depends on what you think is much. I just spend about $45 to buy some cabletalk 4.1. for my B&W 801's.. my first impression is they're better than the MIT zap cable I used before, maybe evey a bit better than the MIT-terminator and Monster Z-1 I've tried before..

mtrycraft
06-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Depends on what you think is much. I just spend about $45 to buy some cabletalk 4.1. for my B&W 801's.. my first impression is they're better than the MIT zap cable I used before, maybe evey a bit better than the MIT-terminator and Monster Z-1 I've tried before..

Yep, $45 is expensive compared to $.30/ft, unless you got 150ft of it for that price.

trollgirl
07-09-2004, 07:08 PM
First, the wire in question is Stinger 12 gauge, oxygen free. Yes, it's car audio stuff. Wire is wire, right, Mtry?? The amp ends are terminated with the screw-on pin connectors, which are a joy to use, and the speaker ends are stripped about four inches from the ends and span from the woofer terminals to the tweeter terminals. The jumpers were missing when I bought the speakers, you see. I feel no need for biwiring.

Laz

mtrycraft
07-09-2004, 07:40 PM
First, the wire in question is Stinger 12 gauge, oxygen free. Yes, it's car audio stuff. Wire is wire, right, Mtry?? The amp ends are terminated with the screw-on pin connectors, which are a joy to use, and the speaker ends are stripped about four inches from the ends and span from the woofer terminals to the tweeter terminals. The jumpers were missing when I bought the speakers, you see. I feel no need for biwiring.

Laz

More or less :D At least in name for sure :)

trollgirl
07-10-2004, 06:42 PM
More or less At least in name for sure

Laz

mtrycraft
07-10-2004, 08:49 PM
More or less At least in name for sure

Laz

Sorry. Should have eliminated all but the appropriate sentence:)

Wire is wire, right, Mtry??

24 ga wire is not 12 ga and can be audibly different in DBT :)
But, they are both wires :)