Where the fark did DLD go???? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Where the fark did DLD go????

tentoze
05-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Ya lurking over there in Texas, dood? Spinning some vinyl tonight on the T-60 (with a broken in Denon DL-100 cartridge these days, BTW) made me ask the question- it sho nuff sounds good- J. Armatrading, Sleight Of Hand, picked up last wk-end for $2.98. Never heard anythingbut the cd version till now. Dive in here, spill yr guts- what ya listening to, Texas???

Swish
05-28-2004, 02:35 PM
he's been kinda quiet. I guess he figures that if most Rave Rec'ers are as strange as me, he needs to find a better class of people with whom to associate.

Just a theory, but ya never know!

Swish Baby

NP: Love - The Forever Changes Concert

tentoze
05-28-2004, 05:59 PM
he's been kinda quiet. I guess he figures that if most Rave Rec'ers are as strange as me, he needs to find a better class of people with whom to associate.

Just a theory, but ya never know!

Swish Baby

NP: Love - The Forever Changes Concert
Swish- The Decimator Of Message Boards! ;)

Nah, he's prolly just spending too much time at the country club. Or standing out in the alley like Hank Hill. :D

dld
05-28-2004, 09:39 PM
hey Toze, Swish. Basically, I've been in Hell. Although I usually soften my ascerbic nature with a healthy dose of political correctness, I just can't doi it this time. Spent the week in Bismarck, N.D. I met way too many guys called Mutt, Killer, Bruiser, Thag, etc. Prolly my fault for the Nasty places I was hanging in (Elbow Room, Bucks, The Sideline Sports Bar, and a couple of others I can't remember). Walked into the Sideline with some of the conference attendees, a Pakistani dude, a Navajo dude, and a loudmouthed big ol female lawyer from D.C. (all good friends). A bunch of gangbangers had taken over the bar watching the Lakers/T Wolves game. HUGE mistake! Some recommendations in Bismarck, The Walrus for Halibut and $1 Full Moon beers (although the Mosquito repellant taste was a little off putting) and Dave's Super Bar B Que for danged near anything Bar B Qued. And the Peacock for a clean fern bar with a nice selection of good beer and friendly blackjack dealers. Lingenkluger (sp??) Lager from Wisconsin was great!

Music? whats that? Just haven't had time for it. Got an RPM Comp, but its behind a couple of others I got before it. Also got (haven't listened) Mogwai's Rock Action on LP from Circuit City. Glad that T-60 is still kicking butt. It should mate well with the Denon, definitely a big step up from the Shure M-91 ED. Is there a bad Joan Armatrading record? Show Some Emotion isn't her best, but its still got a nice tune or two on it Heard I might have a Swishy comp coming too, looking forward to it.

Have a great , long, weekend! Think I'll sleep for a couple of days. Nasty

tentoze
05-29-2004, 07:47 AM
hey Toze, Swish. Basically, I've been in Hell...
Have a great , long, weekend! Think I'll sleep for a couple of days. Nasty
Sounds like yr crew was large enough to double the population of the whole state temporarily. :D