The Streets: A Grand Don't Come for Free [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Streets: A Grand Don't Come for Free

nobody
05-27-2004, 07:39 AM
Anybody else check this out yet?

It's an English hip hop concept album, which just sounds so wrong I can't believe I'm liking this thing. Anyway, it's a sure progression from the debut. The beats are a bit more minimalistic, sounds kinda like Dizzee Rascal in that manner. However, it also adds some R&B style backing vocals. The concept is more of a series of loosly connected, day in a life stuff, something about loosing some money, finding and loosing a girl, nothing heavy. I've had it for 2 days and have probably listened to it 4-6 times already. Anyway, excellent new release from The Streets.

DariusNYC
05-27-2004, 09:19 AM
It's on my short list. Thanks for the write-up. Video for "Fit but You Know It" is pretty fun, and available on the web. Did you ever pick up College Dropout by Kanye West? That guy is everywhere right now.

nobody
05-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Yeah...actually just put it in. Nice listen. I think people who like it may also like the new Cee Lo Green LP. It's another with a nice blend of R&B with hip hop.

And...if you wanna preview the Streets, you can stream it here:

<a href="http://www.the-streets.co.uk/updates/flyers/agdcff/">The Streets: A Grand Don't Come for Free</a>