Paging Finch Splat! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paging Finch Splat!

ForeverAutumn
05-26-2004, 06:16 AM
A bird flew into our window last week. I thought of you. :D

Just wanted to thank you for the stuff you sent me. Most of it was quite enjoyable.

The Baby Animals disk was the only one that I could have lived without. Too much of a Pat Benatar wannabe for me. The best thing that I could say about this band was that all the male band members have really good hair. Hubby didn't mind this one too much so I told him that he could have it. Unless, of course, you want it back. :confused:

You also sent me the original Billionaire disk. I assume that you sent originals because you didn't like these disks. I didn't mind this one. I've only given it one spin, but it didn't seem too bad.

The other stuff you sent is in my car so I don't have the band names handy, but everything else was fully enjoyed. As usual, a big thumbs up for the whole package. Thanks!

I obviously owe you some musical reciprocation, but I haven't come across anything lately that I think you'd enjoy. I'll keep you posted if anything comes my way.

Cheerio!

Hyfi
05-26-2004, 12:51 PM
I aint the Finchster, but who was that sappy band on your mystery disk. Being out of touch, I don't recall seeing it mentioned. I had a hard time telling where one song ended and the next one began. It was a good thing there was a 3 second pause or I would still be thinking it was all one long track.

I also have no idea who the band is on Finch's mystery disk but liked it.

FiFi

ForeverAutumn
05-26-2004, 04:58 PM
I aint the Finchster, but who was that sappy band on your mystery disk. Being out of touch, I don't recall seeing it mentioned. I had a hard time telling where one song ended and the next one began. It was a good thing there was a 3 second pause or I would still be thinking it was all one long track.

I also have no idea who the band is on Finch's mystery disk but liked it.

FiFi

Fifi? Isn't that what people name their poodles? :p

And....you're calling my mystery band sappy but you like Finch's mystery band? (insert astonished smiley here). Are you sure that you don't have them mixed up? :confused: I could make maple syrup outa Finch's band, they were so sappy.

My mystery band is a local (Toronto-based) band called Pilate. All the cool kids like 'em.

You can read more about them here. http://www.maplemusic.com/artists/pil/bio.asp

FA

P.S. Finchy's mystery disk was Binocular.

Finch Platte
05-27-2004, 06:11 AM
You also sent me the original Billionaire disk. I assume that you sent originals because you didn't like these disks.

Thanks for thinking of me :rolleyes:

I bought them discs at a used CD store for a buck or less. I bought copies of ones I already had, so I could hand them out to people such as yourself.

If you like, good- if you don't like, hang them from your rearview mirror.

fp

ForeverAutumn
05-27-2004, 05:12 PM
I bought them discs at a used CD store for a buck or less. I bought copies of ones I already had, so I could hand them out to people such as yourself.

Wow. That's very considerate of you. What a cool thing to do. :) Well, for the record, they're both keepers. Hubby liked the Baby Animals disk. I liked the Billionaire disk. Thanks!