yamaha fan question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : yamaha fan question

wileecoyote
05-25-2004, 09:37 PM
A couple nights ago I was pushing my rx-v2300 pretty hard for awhile and the cooling fan never came on, I mean it got so hot I could smell it the next morning. Never shut down either. This fan worked at first I`m sure. What should my dealer do for this, I mean if they just get the fan working again haven`t I already hurt this thing getting it this hot? I bought it only 3-4 months ago. Thanks.

joel2762
05-26-2004, 02:00 AM
If it was that hot shouldn't you have turned it down? I'm guessing that if it still works fine then you have nothing to worry about just take it to the dealer and get the fan checked and ask them if there are any other problems caused by the heat. That's what i'd do.

kexodusc
05-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Yammies really got to cook before the fans (if they're even equipped with them) engage. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the 2300's even had fans. Skeptic or someone could probably tell you for sure. I have the 1400 and I haven't checked or heard it yet. The last yammie I had with a fan was the rx-v795a, and I owned it for 4 years before the fan had to actually engage.
The heat sinks they use are pretty good generally, are there any symptoms yet other than the burning smell?
I would suggest talking to your dealer, if they're good, they'll at least look at it.
Ideally this would be covered by them, but if not, it's worth it for you to pay. You'd hate for this think to fry a month after warranty expired.