novice question, progressive scan v. interlace with pioneer elite 510 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : novice question, progressive scan v. interlace with pioneer elite 510

kara
05-25-2004, 02:16 PM
I have the sony s9000es dvd player, I noticed that when I put the DVD player in interlace mode, the picture was more vibrant than when I ran the DVD player in progressive mode. Should that be? What should look better. I'm a novice, please help.

magictooth
05-27-2004, 07:59 AM
I have the sony s9000es dvd player, I noticed that when I put the DVD player in interlace mode, the picture was more vibrant than when I ran the DVD player in progressive mode. Should that be? What should look better. I'm a novice, please help.
Sorry I don't know all the specifics about your dvd player or your monitor, but I'll give this a try. Not all progressive scan chips are made the same. It is possible that the deinterlacer in your monitor is much better than the one in your Sony player. If you are sending an interlaced signal to the monitor, then the monitor's internal deinterlacer will do the decoding. If you send a progressive scan signal from your DVD player, then the monitor's internal deinterlacer gets bypassed.