New DVD Player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New DVD Player

DaveHK
11-30-2003, 01:53 AM
Well, i think i am going to buy a new DVD player finally. Does anyone have any trusted websites they recomend to get a nice denon single tray DVD player from? it seems to me that it gets harder and harder to get a single tray player from a tweeter these days, everything is multiple tray players. Thanks for the input.

psonic
11-30-2003, 08:58 PM
Denon is a very nice choice, I just got a Denon DVD-900 for my DVD & CD playback and it was a huge improvement over the mainstream player I had. Most notibly in soundstage depth and clarity (cymbols YAY!), but it works very nicely with my NAD Integrated. I also prefer a single tray unit for less hassle. I don't know what unit you are looking to get but they all use the DCDi by Faroudja (or better) chips, and Burr Brown audio DACs. I have used 6th ave electronics for this type of gear before, they are reputable....just search for other model #'s if you are looking for something else..

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Denon_DVD-900_Standard_DVD

let us know what you go with

Woochifer
12-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Most of Denon's current models are single-play. Their DVD-910, 1200, 1600, 2200, 2900, 5900, and 9000 models are all single-play. If you're looking for a web vendor, you might want to check Denon's website. Some of their online retailers have changed (for example, Good Guys is no longer a Denon e-tailer even though they still carry the brand in their stores), and if you value the warranty support at all, you need to buy from an authorized source. From what I've heard, they're starting to get strict about the warranty for unauthorized purchases. And with a Denon DVD player, I think really hard before going with an unauthorized vendor. Some of Denon's previous DVD players have had glitches that required firmware updates, and without the warranty support, you might be SOL if a defect like this crops up.