i'd like to share some music with you guys [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : i'd like to share some music with you guys

Toady
05-24-2004, 12:39 PM
the arrival of my new computer has finally let me start ripping some music that i've been wanting to get out to people. most notably, my roommate has just started laying down tracks for his forthcoming album, and another local guy just finished his (Josh Crane... i recommended it in another thread somewhere).

anyhow, i'll be happy to send out files to anyone with interest. my connection is outrageously fast, so i don't think i'll be the weak link on any file transfers.

aim: todd2678
yahoo: todd2678
msn: todd2678@hotmail.com

are all ways to get ahold of me and get files. i'd encourage you all to give these toons a listen. i think you'll be impressed! see you online!

Toady
05-25-2004, 04:40 AM
i spent much of last night putting together a comp for my friend who is sick in the hospital. i hadn't made one in so long... i forgot how fun it is to try to make one of these things flow!

1. The Album Leaf - Malmo
2. The Album Leaf - Brennivin
3. Mice Parade - Two, Three, Fall
4. Mice Parade - And Still It Sits In Front of You
5. Rachel's - Kentucky Nocturne
6. Califone - Mean Little Seed
7. Arab Strap - Flirt
8. Califone - When Leon Spinks Moved Into Town
9. Juno - When I Was In
10. Juno - Killing It In A Quiet Way
11. Juno - We Slept In Rented Rooms (The Old School Bush)
12. Mogwai - 2 Rights Make 1 Wrong

Davey
05-25-2004, 11:44 AM
i spent much of last night putting together a comp for my friend who is sick in the hospital. i hadn't made one in so long... i forgot how fun it is to try to make one of these things flow!
Cool looking comp. I usually spend way too much time getting comps the way I want, but then I also get tons of pleasure listening to them so it's worth it in the end. I probably haven't heard more than 1/3 of that one and would love to give it a listen if you wanna do a trade. I don't have a high bandwidth connection so don't do much downloading. But I do have a bunch of comps listed at my site and we obviously share a love for a lot of the same artists and albums. If you see anything you wanna try just give me a nod and we'll exchange addresses. I don't have copies of all of them anymore, but most of the more recent ones I do.

http://members.mailaka.net/davey/dbicomps.htm

Toady
05-25-2004, 12:32 PM
based on a browse of your comps, i'm guessing you've heard califone, mogwai and rachel's before. i could sub in some other stuff. more rock/post rock like mono or explosions in the sky... or i could go more electronic with M83, dntel, telefone tel aviv... stuff like that. older at the drive-in? their spinoffs?

Davey
05-25-2004, 01:16 PM
based on a browse of your comps, i'm guessing you've heard califone, mogwai and rachel's before. i could sub in some other stuff. more rock/post rock like mono or explosions in the sky... or i could go more electronic with M83, dntel, telefone tel aviv... stuff like that. older at the drive-in? their spinoffs?
Yeah, all those alternates sound good. I've heard songs from them all, but not much and don't own anything by any of them except I do have Formica Blues by Mono. I do have some Juno too, but just the split with D-Plan and a couple songs on comps so if you wanna drop one of those songs to make room I wouldn't object since I already know that I like them. And I like the idea of heading in the M83 direction if you can easily work it out. Anyway, sounds like fun and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks. I'll email you with more info.

Just been listening to a new comp from Jar that I got over the weekend called <i>When The Sunshine Fades Away</i> that is very nice. Moves along pretty slowly, but lots to like. I think he was the first one around here to spring for the expensive import of M83, but I see now it's scheduled for release domestically in a couple months as a twinpack with lots of bonus tracks. Oh well, sometimes it pays to wait awhile :)

Toady
05-25-2004, 04:16 PM
I think he was the first one around here to spring for the expensive import of M83, but I see now it's scheduled for release domestically in a couple months as a twinpack with lots of bonus tracks. Oh well, sometimes it pays to wait awhile :)

i guess it depends on how okay you are with no having it yet ;) . and so i guess i'm the second here to shell it out for that album. it's quite good. i'll buy the domestic release too i'm sure.

i'll have to search around for some more stuff. maybe i'll put together an all electronic comp... M83, Matmos, Telefone Tel Aviv, Dntel, etc... might be fun to mix those textures.