How about those FLYERS! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How about those FLYERS!

Swish
05-21-2004, 04:54 AM
What a game last night. Just when they were on the brink of elimination, their captain, Keith Primeau, comes through with the tying goal to send it into OT. Then he gets an assist on the game-winner by Simon Gagne. Primeau has been the best player in the in all the NHL playoffs this year without question. He has nine goals in 16 playoff games after getting just nine goals in 110 previous postseason games. He scored only seven goals in 54 regular-season games this year, so this is an incredible performance for him. All this scoring coupled with his physical presence has been nothing short of spectacular.

I'm certainly worried about game 7 though, and for several reasons; neither team has won 2 in a row in this series, the Flyers have to play on the ****ty ice in Tampa, and they can't find a way score on the power play while allowing Tampa to score on nearly every PP. That being said, this is for a chance at the Stanley Cup finals, so it will be all-out madness on Saturday. I can't wait!

Swish

Ex Lion Tamer
05-21-2004, 05:07 AM
Primeau has been the best player in the in all the NHL playoffs this year without question.

The guy has been a machine. I don't know if you are aware, but in September Canada is staging the World Cup tournament, games mostly played in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal. Gretzky is in charge of the Canadian team (Hitchcock is an assistant coach, under Pat Quinn), and he named the roster last week. He's taking a huge amount of heat over the fact that Primeau was left off of the team.

That overtime was about as fun a period of hockey I've seen all year. Is there anything better in sports than overtime hockey in the playoffs? Good luck in game 7, that win last night may give the Flyers enough momentum to win on Saturday...though I'll be cheering for the Lightning. :) and you'd think that bad ice in Tampa would be an advantage to the Flyers, considering their style of play.

Mark

BarryL
05-21-2004, 07:47 AM
What a game last night. Just when they were on the brink of elimination, their captain, Keith Primeau, comes through with the tying goal to send it into OT. Then he gets an assist on the game-winner by Simon Gagne. Primeau has been the best player in the in all the NHL playoffs this year without question. He has nine goals in 16 playoff games after getting just nine goals in 110 previous postseason games. He scored only seven goals in 54 regular-season games this year, so this is an incredible performance for him. All this scoring coupled with his physical presence has been nothing short of spectacular.

I'm certainly worried about game 7 though, and for several reasons; neither team has won 2 in a row in this series, the Flyers have to play on the ****ty ice in Tampa, and they can't find a way score on the power play while allowing Tampa to score on nearly every PP. That being said, this is for a chance at the Stanley Cup finals, so it will be all-out madness on Saturday. I can't wait!

Swish

No question that last nights game was the most exciting of the playoffs. I LOVE playoff hockey, and last nights game was the reason why. When losing means all that hard work and injury was for nothing, teams play like winning means something. The rest of the season is just exhibition games for the playoffs.

I must admit I was rooting for Tampa, given that the Flyers elimiated the Leafs, causing me to lose another of my annual Vegas bets for the Leafs to win the Cup.

However, now I'm torn. I'd like to see Calgary win the cup, and given the bruising that the Flyers have been taking and the roadmap to beating Esch, I think that they'd have an easier time beating Philly than beating the much faster Lightning. So, I'm looking for either team to win on Saturday night, but I hope it's as good a game as last nights. That means the winner will be decided in overtime!

As a sidebar, It's a small world after all...