Nakamichi match ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nakamichi match ?

nadir
05-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Hello
I'm woundering if anyone had a good idea on a pair of speakers to go with a nakamichi re10 a/v receiver. My budget is around 1k. I realise that it covers a very wide range of speakers. I am hoping that someone out there has a nak re10 and could tell me what a good match would be.

thanks

sahd1972
05-27-2004, 06:13 PM
There are many out there that would work great with this receiver. Pretty much any of the entry level Tannoy (if you find some discontinued Revolution series I always found thet were a great speaker with this amp) If you want funky looking and great sounding the Anthony Gallo Micros or A'Divas with their passive sub would make a nice match. Since the Nak has a brighter high end then most recievers at that level you might want to listen to a few before you make a decision. DON'T MESS WITH THE TREBLE/BASS CONTROL ON THE NAK WHAT EVER YOU DO!!!!! it just makes things sound horrible. That pretty much goes with any receiver. I think Mirage makes a good match but I would really only recommend the OM series of there latest line up and they start with floor standers at $1400 us. I think the biggest question is whether yo are using this for music or movies? You might have to stretch alittle in th budget to find what best suits your tastes in music and if it is movies you have to consider tonal matching with rest of the speakers in the system if you decide to go home theatre. Just a question? You state the re-10 is a a/v receiver? Do actually mean the AV-10? The RE10 is a stereo receiver not actually a/v because it does not do surround. Either way they are both great amps for the buck!.
Hope this helped a little
Sahd 1972