Candy Bars [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Candy Bars

Stone
05-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Damn, I love these things:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/looneystuff.safeshopper.com/images/bg19t8nt.jpg

Basically a glorified brownie, but so good.

Here's another fave of mine:

http://www.candydirect.com/images/web/211-AA_prod.jpg

How about you? What candy bars do you think are the cat's meow?

Jim Clark
05-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Back when I worked for the chocolate gods at Nestle I didn't think you could do much better than a warm Butterfinger straight off the belt. I could have toured that plant for a week solid.

Nowadays I tend to revert back to my old habbits of Paydays (ummm-Payday) or if you can find a fresh one-Oh Henry! Not being a big seller it is very tough to find a fresh one though.

jc

newtrix1
05-18-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm a one a day man.

tentoze
05-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Damn, I love these things:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/looneystuff.safeshopper.com/images/bg19t8nt.jpg

Basically a glorified brownie, but so good.

Here's another fave of mine:

http://www.candydirect.com/images/web/211-AA_prod.jpg

How about you? What candy bars do you think are the cat's meow?
Dang- I didn't know they still made Zero's- ain't seen one in many moons. The new white chocolate Reese's cups aren't too shabby.

Ex Lion Tamer
05-19-2004, 04:32 AM
Lindor are individually wrapped milk chocolate truffles that are irresistible, and Riesen are individually wrapped chewy chocolate caramel things that are addictive. I do like Zeros too.

Of the more conventional Canadian stuff, Caramilk (dark) is still a favorite.

dld
05-19-2004, 05:22 AM
Just saw those Nestle Tollhouse bars yesterday and was wondering about them. Like their Chocolate Chip cookie frozen dough. Not as good as Pillsbury's raw, but equally good cooked.

I'm a Hersheys White Chocolate candy bar fan, the one with the finely chopped nuts in them? Come in a kind of foil colored wrapper? I haven't had one in few months (don't eat many candy bars since me and Dr. Atkins' diet have become aquainted) so I'm, a little vague on their wrapping's color. Others than make me want to do bad things are Dove Bars, Gold Bricks (Only see those around Easter), Atkins Indulge bars (simply awesome), Pria Peanut Butter bars. Used to love those little "Chunky" 1" square bars, the ones with Chocolate and pecans but I hardly ever see them anymore. Of course, Hershey kisses, ummmm.

-Jar-
05-19-2004, 07:08 AM
I haven't had one in few months (don't eat many candy bars since me and Dr. Atkins' diet have become aquainted) so I'm, a little vague on their wrapping's color.

Good for you. Being on Atkins these days ain't what it used to be. Only a couple years ago, I could tell people I was on Atkins and still get these blank stares. Now you can get low -carb everything. Even things that were ALREADY LOW CARB like mayo and ranch dressing are being marketed as "low carb" DUHH!!! I swear, people are so stupid. I think if they marketed low-carb water people would run to buy it. It just goes to show you that hardly anyone is reading the book.

Be careful though. If you go off, and do not watch what you eat, the weight WILL come back... quickly.

I gotta get back on it myself. When I go off, I go WAY off.. :(

-jar

Dave_G
05-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Tee hee hee haw.

I love(d) candy. I swear that's all I ate as a kid, candy and cereal and col. Sanders drumsticks and maybe a piece of bread every now and then.

I always liked Snickers bars. Never liked Zero's or Butterfingers. Loved Payday's, though, they are also hard to find fresh.

My dad owned a pharmacy so we had tons of candy. We used to import Haribo Gummi Bears direct from Germany, those were excellent too.

And I loved those little square individual choclate piece thingies too, foil rapped, can't remember the name of them.

I hate Peeps.

I also liked Now & Laters and Red Hots and those candy cigarettes.

Don't hardly ever eat much candy anymore on a regular basis. Will munch on stuff people put out at work, like tootsie rolls and things like that. However I still like junk food a lot, like Pepsi and BBQ Lays chips, Cheese Nips, and all that crap. And Frosted Flakes too. And Ice Cream. It's a wonder I don't have the shape of an Oompa Loompa man!

Oh, and I used to gobble down red licorice, yummy.

I wonder what kind of candy Ted Nugent used to like. There. I added music to the post.

Dave

-Jar-
05-19-2004, 07:47 AM
I wonder what kind of candy Ted Nugent used to like. There. I added music to the post.

Dave

probably something with peanut butter nugent.. er.. nougat.

Nougat.

who the hell came up with nougat anyway.

Nougat

what a weird word.

Nougat

Nougat

Stone
05-19-2004, 07:56 AM
What in the hell does this have to do with music?

Uhhhhh....

Well.....

Hmmmmm....

I like both candy and music?

Strangeloves or Bow Wow Wow?

-Jar-
05-19-2004, 08:15 AM
Uhhhhh....

Well.....

Hmmmmm....

I like both candy and music?

here's a song about candy.. hehe..

"The Candy Song"

Lay it down little honey child
Got something I wanna taste
I got myself a hatchet
To lay these woods to waste

And when my work is through
I’m gonna bring my cash to you
Go down and see my sugar girl
She knows just what to do

Sugar girl
Wanna piece of that stuff
Crawlin’ outta my skin
And I’m down on my luck
Sugar girl
Knocks me off my feet
Yeah the price is high
But the candy’s sweet

Been workin’ so hard baby
Workin’ all night and day
Sometimes I feel like gettin’ blind
And jumping in the bay

If you feel like I do too
You know just what to do
Go down and see the sugar girl
She knows just what to do

Sugar girl
Wanna piece of that stuff
Crawlin’ outta my skin
And I’m down on my luck
Sugar girl
Knocks me off my feet
Yeah the price is high
But the candy’s sweet

-Masters of Reality

Dave_G
05-19-2004, 09:49 AM
That is a weird word.

Nougat.

Sanoe Kalifala is a weird word, too.

Sanoe Kalifala

Dave

Swish
05-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Good for you. Being on Atkins these days ain't what it used to be. Only a couple years ago, I could tell people I was on Atkins and still get these blank stares. Now you can get low -carb everything. Even things that were ALREADY LOW CARB like mayo and ranch dressing are being marketed as "low carb" DUHH!!! I swear, people are so stupid. I think if they marketed low-carb water people would run to buy it. It just goes to show you that hardly anyone is reading the book.

Be careful though. If you go off, and do not watch what you eat, the weight WILL come back... quickly.

I gotta get back on it myself. When I go off, I go WAY off.. :(

-jar
it has only 1 gram as opposed to the 4 in a regular serving! No screamin' ****! Hey, I've been on low-carb for about 3 years, but my weight wasn't the issue, it was a cholesterol problem. Whoda thunk that eating meat, fish and cheese would lower my triglycerides from upwards of 500 to just a tick over 100? My total cholesterol went from high 200s to about 180, my HDL is up near 50 (highest it's ever been), my blood sugar down and my blood pressure down. Do I still eat carbs? Sure, but not nearly as much as in the past. I have a burger here and there but skip the fries. I usually drink light beer, one of the sad things about the diet, but Miller Lite isn't too bad, same for Amstel Light. I usually allow myself one day a week to eat whatever, normally on Saturday's, but I find myself less interested in carbs as time marches on. Bread is a rarity, as is sugar, pasta, and spuds. Diet soda is decent, so that helps get me over the hump.

Anyway, enough of the diet stuff, let's get back to toonsville!

Swishy

Ex Lion Tamer
05-20-2004, 04:30 AM
Hey Swish, you've been uncharacteristically low-key about your Flyers lately. How you feelin' about tonite's game? You think they can take the Flames, (assuming they get by Tampa)? Personally, I think the Stanley Cup is coming East, no matter who prevails.

Mark

ForeverAutumn
05-20-2004, 05:44 AM
Gee those Toll-house bars look yummy. I don't think we can get those here in the Great White North. And did someone mention white chocolate with nuts? Mmmmmmm.

I'm more of a salty snack person myself. I like chips and cheesies and other crunchy treats. But when I do partake in chocolate, I usually like to nibble on an Oh Henry (agree about the freshness comments), or a Malted Milk bar. I'm with Mark on the Lindor's and the Reisens as well. Those Reisens are soooooooo addictive.

When I was a kid, we used to buy these chocolates called (I think) Maple Buds. They were little milk chocolate buds that came in a plastic baggy wrap. If you held them in your hand long enough on a hot summer day, you could melt the chocolate so that you ended up with a little bag of warm melted chocolate. Then you tore a small hole in the bag and just squeezed the warm chocolate out. Man, that's a great childhood memory. Eventually, they changed the packaging to a cardboard box and Maple Buds were never the same. I don't think they make them anymore at all. :(