struggling to find the right prices [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : struggling to find the right prices

giantyogurt
11-28-2003, 11:02 PM
I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada and I'm trying to sell all my audio equipment but it's very hard since I can't seem to find their current pricing as used items. They used to be for my family entertainment for roughly three years (bought in 2000) but I now live on my own and no longer have time and space for watching movies. I'm glad all of the gears still have pretty good ratings and I'm curioius if anyone wants to buy them. If so, I would prefer you actually come over to my place and make sure everything looks and performs as expected. Please leave your comments on the reasonable price of each component. I would certainly use your help in selling them as soon as I can. I've included brief specs on the receiver and 704 loudspeakers but detailed review can be found in the link at the very bottom of this message. Thank you in advance for your kindness.

Yamaha DSP A3090 Dolby Digital 7.1ch receiver (AC-3, no DTS)
Mission 704, bi-wiring
70c2 center
700, bi-wiring w/stands
Energy ES-10 100watt subwoofer
Pioneer DV-606D DVD player, hardware DTS decoder built-in.

Yamaha DSP A3090 Receiver
Features : AC-3 and Dolby Digital Pro-Logic decoding (Hi-Fi DSP, 2-field Pro-Logic DSP and 3-field AC-3 DSP processing); 80W RMS at 8 ohms to the left/centre/right/rear; 25W at 8 ohms to front effects; front-mounted AV inputs; Cinema EQ mode; bass extension switch; AC-3 dynamic range adjustment (Max, Std and Min); 24 sound field programs and 30 positions for Cinema DSP and Hi-Fi DSP
Dimensions : 170(h) x 435(w)x 476.5(d)mm
Weight : 21kg

Mission 704 Specification
Acoustic Loading 3 Way Reflex
Frequency Response 42Hz-20kHz
Sensitivity 89 dB
Cross-Over Frequency 120Hz, 4 kHz
Volume 70.5 litres bass +9.5 litres mid-range enclosure
Impedance 8 Ohms
Recommended Amplifier 25 - 250 W/Ch
Black Ash finish

Dimensions (mm) :
Height 105.0 cm
Width 25.5 cm
Depth 42.0 cm

for further product information, please visit
http://www.mission.co.uk/702.htm
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/Amplifiers/Yamaha/YamahaDSP-A3090.shtml

happy ears
11-30-2003, 03:20 AM
As a general rule I would take the list price and cut it in half. I apply this to most used things but this does not apply to cars, houses and certain other things, to bad eh. You can also check out Audiogon and Ebay to get an idea.

Good Luck