Daisy chaining [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Daisy chaining

flippo
11-28-2003, 03:35 PM
I have a Pioneer PD-f1039 300 Disc changer that can be daisy chained with another one. Does anyone know if it has to be another Pioneer or can I daisy chain a changer from another maker?

Thanks

mtrycraft
11-28-2003, 05:24 PM
I have a Pioneer PD-f1039 300 Disc changer that can be daisy chained with another one. Does anyone know if it has to be another Pioneer or can I daisy chain a changer from another maker?

Thanks

Maybe you can test this by borrowing one from a friend or a store?

jeskibuff
11-29-2003, 07:21 AM
I now have two Sony mega-changers. One is a 300+1 CD changer and the other is a 400-disc DVD changer. When I bought it, I thought of daisy-chaining as a possible setup option, but I think even these players may be incompatible. I have both players out front and accessible, so I really don't need to daisy-chain them and haven't yet tried. I will usually power only one of them up at a time to play. I would think that daisy-chaining would be extremely desireable when shelf space is at a premium and you'd like to tuck the slave player away in a closet or some other place that doesn't have the best accessibility. Connections may also be a prime consideration. If you're short on available inputs (digital or analog) to your receiver, two changers sharing the same receiver/preamp input is a plus. Unless you have a ton of equipment or a barebones preamp with few inputs, you probably won't have that problem.

If you NEED to daisy chain them, mrtycraft's suggestion can't be beat. An alternative is taking YOUR player into a store, but you'd have to unload your entire collection before transit (that is, if you LIKE your collection!) :eek: