Need Help!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!

Larrymac
05-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Is it necessary to spend another $500+ to get a "power supply cleaner" or whatever they're called like the monster HTS 5000 they're trying to sell me with my Yamaha RX-V2400 and Sony DVP-CX777ES 400 DVD Changer?

Also please respond to my other question about Yamaha vs. Denon.

Smokey
05-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Not really. Those power conditioners are useful if you have wildly fluctuating power supply (like light bulb dimming when a power equipment nearby is turned on). If you don't have that type of problem, then it will not yield you any benefits :)

stevos2005
05-15-2004, 06:58 PM
The HTS 5000 seems excessive... however, I haven't bought any equipment recently, but I'm going to make several large purchases. One thing I've learned is never pay retail. Always try to get a good deal (at least 10-20% off... sometimes possibly 30% but that's rare). Or maybe get them to throw the HTS 3200 (I think that's the one for like $300 something) in for free if you pay full price. That'd be a deal. Good luck!

Is it necessary to spend another $500+ to get a "power supply cleaner" or whatever they're called like the monster HTS 5000 they're trying to sell me with my Yamaha RX-V2400 and Sony DVP-CX777ES 400 DVD Changer?

Dale M
05-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Hi, I have a good friend that works in one of the local HT stores in Calgary and
as far as spending big bucks to get clean power he says its a joke,, Keep your money
in your pocket, your not trying to run your HT from a honda generator so ya dont need it,
there are dozens of new things out there that some say ya gotta have to do it right, seems as the only ones saying you need it are the guys that sell it,,
Just my thoughts, his too
Take Care
Dale M

mtrycraft
05-15-2004, 09:23 PM

As they all said, save your money and buy more music.

Larrymac
05-15-2004, 10:55 PM
As they all said, save your money and buy more music.

I appreciate all the input. Now i can get even BIGGER speakers argh argh argh! No comments on my other Yamaha vs. Denon dilemma?