December Mystery Disc? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : December Mystery Disc?

Jim Clark
11-28-2003, 02:41 PM
I know it's a busy time of year but I'd guess you can still find a wee bit of listening time. I came across this disc and really enjoyed it especially since it was totally new to me although I'd seen the band/artist's name before. I could mail out 10 or so copies if anyone wanted to play along.

The lowdown:

1. It contains a "lyrical content" warning
2. for some it may only be a mystery until the first track.
3. 2002 release so it's not vying for a spot on anyone's year end list.
4. VERY heavy use of synths. This is neither a synth band nor is it traditionally associated with electronica. Adult alternative is probably a more realistic tag.
5. 4 stars at AMG and subject to the most lengthy review I've read on any albums.

I've already sent one to Nobody and think Maf and perhaps Davey would find it interesting. Anyone else?

Regards,
jc

-Jar-
11-28-2003, 08:27 PM
and.. thanks so much for the Prids and the High Violets.. quite unexpected and appreciated!

-jar

Finch Platte
11-29-2003, 05:53 AM
Thanks!

fp

ForeverAutumn
11-29-2003, 06:31 AM
On your Junior Member status!

I'd like a copy of your mystery disk please. I'm looking for some new and interesting stuff to listen to. I've been listening to a lot of metal and prog lately and need something a little different to wake up my ears.

Thanks!

P.S. I have tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Dec. 16. I can't thank you enough for introducing me to this band/orchestra/group/?. I picked up both of their christmas CDs a couple of weeks ago and am now able to see the full liner notes. The stories told in the liner notes really enhance the music on the CDs. These disks just get better and better with every listen.

Hyfi
11-29-2003, 07:43 AM
I would like a go at this one. I can use all the Alternative Medicine available while recovering from surgery in a few weeks.

Thanks

Jim Clark
11-29-2003, 08:05 AM
and.. thanks so much for the Prids and the High Violets.. quite unexpected and appreciated!

-jar

Not a problem, just glad it got there. No promises on either but thought that it may be something to kind of enjoy.

Congratualtions on your Junior Member status!
-Forever Autumn

Yep, I'm bursting with pride. Have fun at TSO!

I would like a go at this one. I can use all the Alternative Medicine available while recovering from surgery in a few weeks.
-HYFI

Sent you an email-hope everything goes according to plan. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Finch-you got it!

Homemade html going on here to get all the quotes on one page-probably won't work.

Still got time folks!

jc

Finch Platte
11-29-2003, 08:48 AM

Thanks

Are you having the old RR board surgically removed? ;0)

Hope it's nothing serious.

fp

-Jar-
11-29-2003, 09:59 AM
Not a problem, just glad it got there. No promises on either but thought that it may be something to kind of enjoy.
jc

oh you have no idea how "up my alley" the High Violets are.. thanks for that especially, a track from there is already going on a comp I'm working on..

-jar