You just gotta love used cd stores [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : You just gotta love used cd stores

Dave_G
05-14-2004, 05:39 AM
Last night I went out dedicated to find the new Jethro Tull A remaster+DVD.

Went to Best Buy. Nope.

Borders. Nope.

Circuit City. Nope.

Gamespot. Nope.

CDWarehouse. YEP!

Still sealed!

$13.99!!!!!

Frikking awsome.

CDWarehouse is an 3 store group who sells new and used cd's, dvd's, and games.

I always make it a habit to visit the store, as usually there is something I would like.

I've been looking for that Tull and had seen it only once for $25.99 (!) at Tower. Glad I went to CDWarehouse.

Anyway, I watched the bonus DVD "Slipstream", it's great. Some concert stuff and some "videos" I guess is what you call them. Great video quality and sound quality. The band, especially Jobson, looks ridiculous in his tight as a drum jumpsuit. (F.A., he has nice buns so you might want to view this). The band is pretty tight on the live segments on the dvd, they do about 50% new stuff and 50% old stuff.

The audio compact disc was a shocker. This thing sounds WAY different from the original Chrysalis issue. Jobson's keyboard and violin work are really now so much more definitive it's great. The whole doggoned thing sounds excellent, so much cleaner and clearer, and nary a hiss.

You just gotta love used cd stores.

Regards,

Dave

dld
05-14-2004, 06:46 AM
We gots em here too. Some pretty good deals, plus they'll give you store credit for 1/2 the price you paid if you return one after you get bored with it, or so they used to. Huge clearance section with more titles I've never heard of than any one place I can think of. Except Davey's collection :p

Dusty Chalk
05-14-2004, 07:42 AM
My used CD stores in this area, for the most part, suck. A thrillion hair metal albums from the 80's, some contemporary pop "gems", but nothing from any of the labels I like so much.

Oh, well, you're right, I should still check once in a while. I could always buy that Evanescence album as a gift for someone.

tentoze
05-14-2004, 07:55 AM
My used CD stores in this area, for the most part, suck. A thrillion hair metal albums from the 80's, some contemporary pop "gems", but nothing from any of the labels I like so much.

Oh, well, you're right, I should still check once in a while. I could always buy that Evanescence album as a gift for someone.
Mebbe I should start a brokerage service from Lost Wages to Rave Reckers looking for deals on used recent releases of da stuff they like............

:p

Troy
05-14-2004, 09:00 AM
I saw it for $28 the other day. Several others for $25. Ridiculous.

I ordered it on line for $20 plus shipping, but I was able to use some Paypal cash that I generated. Feels more painless that way.