Paging the Worfster: some sad news dude. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paging the Worfster: some sad news dude.

Swish
05-13-2004, 02:35 PM
I don't know if you heard about this, but I just read something in my local paper that I wanted to share. Remember how I screwed up and mentioned the song "The Backstabbers" when I was thinking of "Rock the Boat" as a song I hated? Anyway, you countered that "The Backstabbers" represented some of the best work by the O'Jays during that era. So here I am reading that John Whitehead, 55, who co-wrote that song with Gene McFadden, was shot and killed outside his home in Philadelphia on Tuesday. What's even sadder is that he wasn't the target of the shooter! Nice, eh? The intended target was shot in the ass and recovered, while poor John was hit in the neck .

Anyway, the article goes on to say that his most famous song was "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now", which his #1 on the R&B charts, along with "For the Love of Money" and "Cold, Cold World".

Regards,
Swish

Troy
05-13-2004, 06:23 PM
For the love of Money is the the one that went

"Money, Money Money Money . . . Maaaaah-ney"

Right?

GREAT song.

Worf101
05-13-2004, 07:38 PM
Sigh... it is sad. Seems what I said about not lookn' for trouble is true, sometimes if you just sit still it'll find you. Gamble and Huff and Mcfadden and Whitehead we're great writers and producers. "For the love of Money" is a phenomenal record. Nothing sounded like it before or after, a uniquelly "unPhilly" sounding record. He will be missed. God this is all so stupid.

Da Worfster :(

Swish
05-14-2004, 02:23 AM
For the love of Money is the the one that went

"Money, Money Money Money . . . Maaaaah-ney"

Right?

GREAT song.

And it was a great song.