analog and digital out [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : analog and digital out

uncooked
05-13-2004, 02:16 PM
i have a yamaha 5650 dvd player. i was wondering, when you set the digital out in the menu does that shut off the analog out.

im moving a old stereo amp down to my system and if i could i would want to run the optical into the yamaha receiver and the analog into the stereo amp.

is that possible? and also play at the same time, say im listening to a 5.1 music dvd, get the 5.1 out of my main system and then get the stereo signal for my stereo to play in a different room.

F1
05-13-2004, 08:06 PM
You better check the manual. But my Panny DVDP can output both via digital connection and R/L analog without changing any setting.

paul_pci
05-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Yeah, my JVC plays both my multichannel analog output and the digital out at the same time.

uncooked
05-13-2004, 10:16 PM
what do you mean without changing settings? do you have yours set for digital out? or does it auto both of them or something?

im pretty sure mine will its got everything coax, fibre, and analog and its a above average unit. i guess i will have to try it out.

F1
05-14-2004, 05:18 AM
I have coax connection from DVDP to receiver. Some time ago I used analog connection to receiver to compare the sound quality. So I just switched back and fort between digital and analog connection on the receiver without changing any setting on the DVDP. I think you should be ok.

uncooked
05-14-2004, 06:36 AM
but you have it set for digital out right? not some auto type thing that your player might have.

poneal
05-14-2004, 07:19 AM
I noticed just the other day when I put in a DTS DVD that I had my DVD player set to analog and the receiver set to optical and it still sounded great. I didn't check to see if the receiver indicated a DTS digital stream (I'll check that out tonight). It must have though, because when I tried to speak through my mic, my voice was not heard. I was hoping I found a way because I sing karaoke and always have to switch to analog. I would prefer to hear the digital recording (since it sounds much better. esp. the 5.1 digital recordings). I guess the DVD would need an analog to digital converter off the mic input to achive that. Well, I check this out tonight and get back with you then.