Will the Guilty CRSv9 Contributors Please Stand Up [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Will the Guilty CRSv9 Contributors Please Stand Up

JDaniel
05-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Names have not been changed to protect the innocent. Davey was the closest in his guesses, but he wasn't 100% correct. There may be a few surprises here.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=538 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=25>
CRSv9 - WHODUNNIT?

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=25>

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=21>
Artist - "Track" (Album)

</TD></TR><TR><TD height=17>
1. Tiny Volcano - "Mary Goes Around" (Tiny Volcano) jack70

2. Riddle of Steel - "Kissing In Secret" (Python) PPG

3. American Analog Set - "Come Home Baby Julie, Come Home" (Promise of Love) Davey

4. Mae - "Tisbury Lane" (previously unreleased) JD via FP (or is it FP via JD?)

5. Wrens - "Hopeless" (The Meadowlands) Sloshmeister

6. Electrelane - "This Deed" (The Power Out) Stone

7. +/- "Meglomania" (You Are Here) jasn

8. Spiritualized - "She Kissed Me (It Felt Like A Hit)" (Amazing Grace) audiobill

9. Tantric - "The Chain" (After We Go) FP

10. Chain - "First Life" (Reconstruct) ForeverAutumn

11. RPWL - "Opel" (Stock) Troy

12. Sun Kil Moon - "Si Paloma" (Ghosts of the Great Highway) tentoze

13. The Handsome Family "24 Hour Store" (Singing Bones) nobody

14. Damien Rice - "Volcano" (O) JD

15. The Twilight Babies - "Orange & the Alabaster" (Middle of Something) Jim Clark

16. Julian Coryell - "Save Yourself" (Rock Star) jack70

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I had a lot of fun with this project. The best part is discovering new bands, and there were several new to me artists on here. The hard part is struggling through music that's not in your normal listening habits (you listening ForeverAutumn ;) ) .

My favorite new to me bands: Julian Coryell, Mae, American Analog Set, and Tiny Volcano. Others I really enjoyed, but were already familiar with were Wrens, Sun Kil Moon, Handsome Family, and Damien Rice.

The only real train-wreck on here for me personally, was not FPs "Tantric - The Chain", but was instead "Chain - First Life". I actually liked the Tantric cover. I thought it was a cool rendition of the song. I was also undecided about JCs "Twilight Babies" and jasn's +/-tunes, although "Orange & the Alabaster" got a good reception around here. And it did grow on me a little.

The Julian Coryell song was my overall fav. though. What an awesome song.

Thanks for playing everyone.

JD

tentoze
05-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Names have not been changed to protect the innocent. Davey was the closest in his guesses, but he wasn't 100% correct. There may be a few surprises here.

No surprise from me- Sun Kil Moon.

Finch Platte
05-12-2004, 06:09 PM
The Riddle of Steel - "Kissing In Secret" song was on a comp I passed around recently. I almost thought I had contributed it to CSVrPx9...

ep

PPG
05-12-2004, 07:18 PM
The Riddle of Steel - "Kissing In Secret" song was on a comp I passed around recently. I almost thought I had contributed it to CSVrPx9...

ep

You liked Riddle of Steel? And I'm starting to get into the Binocular disc?! Damn, this is gettin' scary.

ForeverAutumn
05-13-2004, 04:48 AM
The only real train-wreck on here for me personally, was not FPs "Tantric - The Chain", but was instead "Chain - First Life

A train-wreck? Gee, I hope no-one was hurt. :(

So, I guess you won't be listening to the rest of the stuff that I sent ya, eh? ;)

I just received CRSv9 yesterday (Thanks maf!). Haven't had a chance to spin it yet. Hopefully that'll happen later today. Thanks for throwing this one together JD. Sorry you had to endure my prog-a-delic taste! :D

Troy
05-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Was there anyone that didn't know that I sent in the RPWL? Dang, WAY too obvious.

I sent some really weird stuff too that didn't make the cut. The weird ones I send never make the cut. Next time I'm just sending one weird song.

Finch Platte
05-13-2004, 07:57 AM
Was there anyone that didn't know that I sent in the RPWL? Dang, WAY too obvious.

I sent some really weird stuff too that didn't make the cut. The weird ones I send never make the cut. Next time I'm just sending one weird song.

...that was my favorite cut.

You can keep the weird sh!t :D

ep

Davey
05-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Next time I'm just sending one weird song.
Yeah, just dare them to use it!

Hey, have you ever seen the CD cover for Sinead O'Connor's Troy single? I don't have it but since you are kind of using a lo-fi version of it for your avatar, thought you might enjoy seeing it :)

http://69.90.138.152/m/discography/sleeves/cdsingles/troy_push_mix_cd_single.jpg

jasn
05-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Oh well. But I'm glad to get some good feedback on the cut and liked the avatar JD pegged on me. I've listened to this CD a fair number of times and found several good tunes. In fact, I might have sent in a different one from the disc if I were to do it over again.

Since picking this up I read that their s/t debut is really the better of the two so far. I'll have to go looking for it.

Toady
05-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh well. But I'm glad to get some good feedback on the cut and liked the avatar JD pegged on me. I've listened to this CD a fair number of times and found several good tunes. In fact, I might have sent in a different one from the disc if I were to do it over again.

Since picking this up I read that their s/t debut is really the better of the two so far. I'll have to go looking for it.

i like the album... i'd say it's fair. nothing spectacular really. same goes for their live show.

JDaniel
05-13-2004, 01:48 PM

Weird? Hell, I couldn't even spell the other bands' names, much less pronounce them. Forget about trying to merge them into a compilation.:D That's the problem with prog bands - too complicated for us simpletons.

JD

JDaniel
05-13-2004, 01:52 PM
A train-wreck? Gee, I hope no-one was hurt. :(

So, I guess you won't be listening to the rest of the stuff that I sent ya, eh? ;)

I just received CRSv9 yesterday (Thanks maf!). Haven't had a chance to spin it yet. Hopefully that'll happen later today. Thanks for throwing this one together JD. Sorry you had to endure my prog-a-delic taste! :D
Hey - trainwreck wasn't my word. Someone else already pegged that term for yours and FPs tunes. But it wasn't my favorite track, but that's ok. Pleasing me was never the aim of this project. Hearing new bands/tunes was.

I guess you and I will have to agree to stick with the acoustic stuff. Hey - I have several other of the "Live in the X-Lounge" series. Do you want them? All acoustic stuff.

JD

ForeverAutumn
05-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Hey - trainwreck wasn't my word. Someone else already pegged that term for yours and FPs tunes. But it wasn't my favorite track, but that's ok. Pleasing me was never the aim of this project. Hearing new bands/tunes was.

I guess you and I will have to agree to stick with the acoustic stuff. Hey - I have several other of the "Live in the X-Lounge" series. Do you want them? All acoustic stuff.

JD

If we all liked the same music, we'd have absolutely nothing to talk about.

FA: I really like that Chain disk

JD: Yeah, me too.

FA: It rocks.

JD: It sure does

FA: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JD: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The End.

I'd love some more of that acoustic stuff. That first disk that you sent me was great. Thanks! Let me know if you need my addy again. :)

Dusty Chalk
05-13-2004, 07:47 PM
...I mean, innocense...erm...nonsense...whatever...

L, even I knew the RPWL track was Troy's, and I didn't even hear it (the disk -- have the album, so've heard the track).