The Latest For Big Screen Televisions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Latest For Big Screen Televisions

valter
05-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Hello everyone I am a new member of the forum. We are inviting everyone to check out the new Design Ideas for Home Theater. We are avid Home Theater Enthusiasts based out los Angeles Ca. Let us know your thoughts. www.befocused.com (http://www.befocused.com)

JSE
05-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Hello everyone I am a new member of the forum. We are inviting everyone to check out the new Design Ideas for Home Theater. We are avid Home Theater Enthusiasts based out los Angeles Ca. Let us know your thoughts. www.befocused.com (http://www.befocused.com)

Our thoughts?

How about, NO ADVERTISING IN THE FORUMS! Buy some add space.

JSE

Dale M
05-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Hi. I noticed the kit does both sides and the top,,, What about the bottom?? I have 53 Tv and the base it sits on is silver? Im thinking it very expensive, How about a electrical conduit frame and some black material and spend under 50 bucks. Sooo I guess that means I dont like it.
Dale M

JSE
05-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Wow $429!

At first I thought this was some sort of lens to put over the screen. Like a polarizer for a camera lens. That would have an effect on contrast and possibly saturation. However, this simple fools the eye. It does not actually effect the picture on your screen. It seems to just be a tube frame with fabric around it that creates a mask around the screen. Seems like a lot of money for that. Someone elses money that is. :D

JSE

kpzbee
05-12-2004, 05:20 PM
No offense but what a rip IMO. I could build that for a fraction of the price - but why?? LOL

valter
05-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Wow $429!

At first I thought this was some sort of lens to put over the screen. Like a polarizer for a camera lens. That would have an effect on contrast and possibly saturation. However, this simple fools the eye. It does not actually effect the picture on your screen. It seems to just be a tube frame with fabric around it that creates a mask around the screen. Seems like a lot of money for that. Someone elses money that is. :D

JSE

Thanks for all your input. The concept is simple and effective, the price reflects the cost of manufacturing and supporting our economy in the USA.

valter
05-12-2004, 05:31 PM
No offense but what a rip IMO. I could build that for a fraction of the price - but why?? LOL

No offense taken, and thanks for your input. Manufacturing overseas would reflect better pricing. We believe in supporting and keeping jobs here in the U.S.

Bryan
05-13-2004, 07:47 AM
From what I've seen, there does not appear to be much of a difference between that and the look of customized mattes. Simply adding a pair of mattes to eliminate the grey/black bars on a WS/OAR movie sharpens the image. So why should I buy your product when I can produce either the same or very similar effect for a fraction of the cost?