Current Favorite Music [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Current Favorite Music

MikeG
11-12-2003, 02:29 PM
RJD2's Deadringer is at the top of my list. But that'll change as soon as I over listen to it. Polyphonic Spree was pretty cool, but now it just sounds gay. What other new music is out there?

Jim Clark
11-12-2003, 02:29 PM
British Sea Power's "The Decline Of British Sea Power" is my favorite disc of 2003. Of course I'm something of a Post Punk whore by now. Last I checked it was even available at Best Buy which is something of an oddity for a Davey born rec.

jc

Dusty Chalk
11-13-2003, 09:49 AM
I've been getting into a variety of things:

ultra-lamo-pop: Dido's new one, Sarah McLachlan's new one, etc. Totally enjoy them.

Metal: all sorts of stuff, especially Alchemist, Organasm

synth-pop/techno: ascii.Disko

Melotron's new one is their least good (most homogenized). Still good, though, just not as great as their previous three.

Dave_G
11-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Currently, my favorite music is:

Camel - A Nod and a Wink

The new Rush dvd

IQ - Seven stories into 98

Marillion - Fugazi

Thin Lizzy - Thunder and Lightning

The Jethro Tull Christmas Album

Pendragon - Not of this World

Arena - Contagion

That's it!

:eek:

Dave

YECH
11-13-2003, 05:16 PM
RJD2's Deadringer is at the top of my list. But that'll change as soon as I over listen to it. Polyphonic Spree was pretty cool, but now it just sounds gay. What other new music is out there?
This band you like now sounds "gay".
Could you describe what this "gay" sounds like???
Like a lubricating axle???
Or perhaps the sound of ketchup coming out of a squirt bottle??
What on earth do you mean by "they now sound gay"?
Do you have any *****ing brains???
I doubt it.
YECHs

Dusty Chalk
11-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Polyphonic Spree was pretty cool, but now it just sounds gay.Not that there's anything wrong with that.

jasn
11-14-2003, 12:01 PM
I listened to this a couple of times when I bought it about amonth ago but I guess I wasn't in the right place for it. This week i picked it back up and I've spun it three times (on the road). It has that sense of danger about it, like other things form Keenan, and the sound quallity is stunning...

Chris
11-14-2003, 02:18 PM
;) Be careful with the descriptive words... it could be offensive to others.

MikeG
11-14-2003, 02:21 PM
This band you like now sounds "gay".
Could you describe what this "gay" sounds like???
Like a lubricating axle???
Or perhaps the sound of ketchup coming out of a squirt bottle??
What on earth do you mean by "they now sound gay"?
Do you have any *****ing brains???
I doubt it.
YECHs
It sounds too happy.

chrisnz
11-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Well I spent a fruitless morning searching for The Shins new one . In the end I settled for The Twilight Singers - Blackberry Belle which is going for it's first spin as I type and sounds great. Probably straight down your street Mike.

Another one I've been getting a lot of pleasure from lately is The Wrens - The Meadowlands.

Thanks for the recs/samples to the absent Davey and the rest of you.

Regards, Chris.

ForeverAutumn
11-15-2003, 06:15 AM
I listened to this a couple of times when I bought it about amonth ago but I guess I wasn't in the right place for it. This week i picked it back up and I've spun it three times (on the road). It has that sense of danger about it, like other things form Keenan, and the sound quallity is stunning...

I picked up this disk a couple of weeks ago. I had never heard of it, but I, randomly, picked up a set of headphones at a listening station, and there it was. I bought it immediately and haven't been able to stop spinning it. It's an excellent disk.

Mark111867
11-15-2003, 06:44 AM
A few cd's that can't seem to find their way out of my player -

Bill Morrissey -Night Train
Aengus Finnan- North Wind
The Moody Blues- Every Good Boy Deserves Favour
Bill Staines- The First Million Miles

Stone
11-15-2003, 11:04 AM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf900/f914/f91489zhvt1.jpg