FP's Mystery Disc - who is it? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : FP's Mystery Disc - who is it?

PPG
05-11-2004, 05:42 PM
I know! I know! I found it. Are you gonna identify the artist, Finch? (spun it this morning on the way to work, sounded more impressive the second or third listen). I looked this up on Amazon and out of 18 total reviews, none rated this disc less than 4 stars, most of them were 5's.

Finch Platte
05-11-2004, 06:03 PM
I know! I know! I found it. Are you gonna identify the artist, Finch? (spun it this morning on the way to work, sounded more impressive the second or third listen). I looked this up on Amazon and out of 18 total reviews, none rated this disc less than 4 stars, most of them were 5's.

You've found it- I checked out those reviews, too. Some were pretty sappy. He's a lot better that a lot of stuff out there, tho. He got his hooks in me, and I only paid fitty cents for it.

One review: As I browsed CD selections (in another, "unmentionable" bookstore) I came across ******** and gave it a listen to. I was amazed. The songs were simple yet not syrupy, infectious yet not annoying. I couldn't help but thinking that this guy is what Duncan Sheik was SUPPOSED to sound like (before he sunk into his depressive mode). Not only are the songs upbeat and positive, but they're actually inspiring! So why only 4 stars? Only because it hasn't stood the test of time (I bought just it yesterday after listening to the first 4 songs). If it's still in my rotation a year from now (and I suspect it will be), THEN it gets the full five. Honestly, you can't miss with this CD. Get it and hold onto it - everyone else will have sticky fingers as soon as they hear it!

So much for the sticky fingers part, eh? :rolleyes: Some folks are so blind, they'd need binoculars to see how good this disc is.

ep

JDaniel
05-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Hey Finchy, I would have replied before now, but I honestly thought this "Mystery Disc" was some kind of joke. Surely a hard-rocker like you doesn't like this teeny-bopper pop junk? This disc was painful to listen to. Sorry to be so blunt, but geez man.

Now your comp on the other hand that included your CRSv9 contributions was quite good. I don't know if you fished that one out around here, but you should have. It's in another league from your "Mystery Disc".

JD

Troy
05-11-2004, 09:25 PM
That's "Misery Disc", JD.

It's time to lett he cat outta the bag, Finchy.

Finch Platte
05-12-2004, 03:02 AM
That's "Misery Disc", JD.

It's time to lett he cat outta the bag, Finchy.

Binocular.

Glad you all enjoyed it :rolleyes:

ep

newtrix1
05-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Binocular.

Glad you all enjoyed it :rolleyes:

ep

and we don't get to know who you guys are talking about? C'mon, I'm curious....

Finch Platte
05-12-2004, 08:06 PM
and we don't get to know who you guys are talking about? C'mon, I'm curious....

Are you just missing the clues, here?

Or am I missing something?

ep

newtrix1
05-13-2004, 02:17 AM
Are you just missing the clues, here?

Or am I missing something?

ep

Guess I'm one of those "blind" guys you mentioned.
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre700/e773/e77345j6mny.jpg