Pool speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pool speakers

hmmmm
05-11-2004, 07:53 AM
My neighbor just put in an awesome pool and asked me to buy his speakers. He only wanted to install 3. Two near a patio area and then one on the far end of the pool. We both thought that the in ground speakers would work better for this situation. Most of the fake rock speakers I have heard stink and have the speaker facing forward (which we don't want). He was hoping to stay in the $600.00 or below range not including the speaker wire and receiver.
Any suggestions?

jasmit
05-11-2004, 06:10 PM
My neighbor just put in an awesome pool and asked me to buy his speakers. He only wanted to install 3. Two near a patio area and then one on the far end of the pool. We both thought that the in ground speakers would work better for this situation. Most of the fake rock speakers I have heard stink and have the speaker facing forward (which we don't want). He was hoping to stay in the $600.00 or below range not including the speaker wire and receiver.
Any suggestions?

I don't have any specific suggestions, but if you'd like to do some additional research, there's a pretty good article in Sound and Vision magazine dealing with outdoor speakers:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article.asp?section_id=1&article_id=459&page_number=1

At the end of the article, there's a link to a list of dozens of outdoors speakers with specs and prices (A Quick Guide to Outdoor Speakers).

Good luck!