DENON 3805 - Video set up help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DENON 3805 - Video set up help

rnb67
05-08-2004, 11:49 AM
I am trying to set up the video connection with this new receiver. I have a regular TV (w/o S-video or component inputs). When I (briefly) had a Denon 3803, I connected the composite video output from the DVD player (Toshiba SD2200) to the DVD video input on my receiver and then connected a composite cable to the TV from the TV output. This does not seem to work on the 3805. I understand that the 3805 is a little better than the 3803, but is there any difference in the setup?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

woodman
05-08-2004, 04:20 PM
I am trying to set up the video connection with this new receiver. I have a regular TV (w/o S-video or component inputs). When I (briefly) had a Denon 3803, I connected the composite video output from the DVD player (Toshiba SD2200) to the DVD video input on my receiver and then connected a composite cable to the TV from the TV output. This does not seem to work on the 3805. I understand that the 3805 is a little better than the 3803, but is there any difference in the setup?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

No ... as far as I know, there should be NO difference in the video configuration between the two Denon receivers. The new one has video "up-conversion" - which means that it's capable of converting composite-video and S-video signals to "component-video" format, but there's no reason that I know of why your "old" hookup should not work. Have you checked (thoroughly) the Denon manual to see if there's a need for you to "notify" the receiver as to what kind of connection you're using from the receiver to the TV? That's the only reason that I can think of that you're having a problem.

Hope this helps

AVMASTER
05-09-2004, 11:21 AM
instead of " tv out" use " monitor out", other than that you're OK

rnb67
05-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. II had to use the monitor "out" connection and turn on the video input to the receiver. Now that it is working, I must say that the 3805 is one fine receiver.

GrzegorzWS
12-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Hi there good people!

I have also a problem with setting up video on Denon 3805. It seems, that my component Monitor Out does not work. I connect composit signal from TV and DVD, and than use component Monitor out to connect to projector. Signals should be up-converted from composit to component, as per the specs, but it seems no signal is present on component Monitor Out composit monitor out works OK).

Any clue what am I doing wrong? Is there a place in setup where component Monitor Out should be enabled - I spent 2 hours on the manual and experimenting, but no effetct...

Can you help???

Thhansk in advance, Greg